2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Review: Poor gas mileage

2011 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Review

2011 Chevrolet Equinox

LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Poor gas mileage
By darlenem on

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 Equinox new on January 1st. 2011. I have approx. 13,000 miles on it. I like almost everything about the vehicle except the gas mileage. I researched SUV's for several months before deciding on this one. My main buying point was that it had to have good gas mileage. This one said it had 27/32. I am lucky to get 26, and that is on the highway driving on a flat road with nothing but myself in the car. I've checked the mileage every time I fill it up; it's never gotten better than 26. I was told it would get better mileage after I had my first oil change.
This is a lie on Chevy's part. I wouldn't have bought the car if I'd known that was the absolute best it would ever get.

I like the looks of the car, it's comfortable and it's really roomy. I really like the automatic opener on the trunk. The sunroof is a nice feature, but you really can't look out of it unless you tilt your head back pretty far. Kind of hard to do while driving. I like the looks of the control panel, but I find it very hard to get the air conditioning vents adjusted right. The last couple of times I've started it, it sounds really bad, guess it's time to go back to the dealer. Other than bad gas mileage, it's a pretty nice car.

More padding on the rear hatch, mine started sqeeking around 10,000 miles. They put more padding in it a couple months ago and it's starting to do it again. Better gas mileage would be really nice, especially with the prices skyrocketing now.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review