poor gas mileage
By sonnyh777 on
2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I am very disappointed with the gas mileage. I took a trip to Florida on straight flat roads and could only get 23 mpg. It had 4800 miles when I took the trip. I am used to getting 32/34 mpg on my 2006 Impala and it was a 6 cyl. The only reason I selected the Equinox was for the advertised great gas mileage. We had planned on taking a road trip around the country, however, with this mileage we will have to cancel. I wish I had kept my Impala!!
Favorite Features
Great ride, comfort, styling, handling, sound sys. Easy to get into and exit.
Suggested Improvements
Correct fuel economy to advertised EPA sticker specifications.
By dvzjm
on 07/14/11 22:22 PM (PDT)

TRADED IN MY 2007 5.2 LITER TAHOE GETTING AN AVERAGE OF 14 MILES PER GALLON ONLY TO BUY A 4 CYL 2011 EQUINOX AND GETTING AN AVERAGE OF 17 MILES PER GALLON. HAD THE CAR FOR 7 MONTHS AND IT HAS 8000 MILES. VERY DISAPPOINTED. SHOULD HAVE KEPT THE TAHOE LTZ AS IT WAS LOADED. SO MUCH FOR TRYING TO SAVE MONEY.

By fatfuzz
on 05/19/11 20:12 PM (PDT)

I bought a 2011 Equinox on Jan26th Left for Fl. on 2/15/11..Got 23 mpg going down. Got 24 MPG on trip home to Maine.Now have 9000 miles on vehicle and the MPG is not getting any better. It is a 4cyl with all wheel drive. Last year we made the same trip in a 2001 Buick LaSabra with 6cyl we got 28.9 round trip. Had never bought a new car,and bought this one for the stated 32 MPG highway. Took it back to dealer and was told it was within the tolerances posted and they could do nothing. Talked with 3 GM reps. and was told the same thing. I am retired on fixed income and can not afford to traid again. I feel as GM has raped me and will advertise to everyone thta GM has lied to sell this car