2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Review: Poor Gas Mileage

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Review

Poor Gas Mileage
By farmerb8 on

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the Equinox because of its reviews here at Edmunds. I bought the 4 cylinder version with just front wheel drive so that I could get the best fuel economy that the Equinox offers. I just took it on its first long trip, from Ohio to Florida. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. The advertised 32 mpg in reality was 23 mpg. How can the car companies advertise 32 and in reality it is 23? I can see 2-3 mpg differences due to driving habits but how can it be 9 mpg different? My 2005 Impala got 32mpg on the same trip. My 2007 Impala got 26mpg. Now my Equinox gets 23mpg. The Equinox is great in all other aspects.

By foxj4509
on 03/08/11 11:53 AM (PST)

Try this the next time you go on a long trip. Turn the ECO button on when you have reached your desired speed. Don't turn it on as your trying to reach your desired speed. Also, don't turn in on and off in stop and go traffic. Try this and let me know if that helps.