2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Review: noisy engine

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Review

noisy engine
By dissatisfied11 on

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

my 2011 equinox obviously has an internal engine problem, this noisy engine history dates back to the early 2010"s and GM has first-hand knowledge because of all the complaints, and there is probably thousands. However, GM refuses to step-up and stand behind their warranty. I have engaged an attorney to resolve the matter. Therefore, I strongly suggest that any one in the market for a cross-over SUV to NOT PURCHASE the 4 cyl engine. It is TERRIBLE!!!!

Scrap the current 4 cyl design and start over, maybe getting help from BMW!!!!
By 4hotrod
on 08/30/11 13:26 PM (PDT)

I posted earlier that I loved my Equinox and I still do. I too have developed the engine noise in mine. I was able to quite come by adding oil to the vehicle. I am a little unsure about the on board system telling you to wait so long on an oil change. The engine oil evaporates and breaks down with the heat so you have to stay on top of the level. Also I just received a recall letter in the mail for engine noise that to do with the cam shaft. I have appt to get this replaced this Thursday so hopefully this will help.