2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Review: MPG Not That Great and Transmi

2011 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Review

MPG Not That Great and Transmission Failure
By carproblems7 on

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased my 2011 Equinox in July. Less than 1100 miles and it broke down, long story short, they replaced the transmission. GM and especially my local dealer were good to deal with. I love/hate this car. The very early mechanical problems, make me nervous about the reliability. The car is really comfortable, handles nice, and works for my purposes. Gas mileage has been disappointing. I've not done a full tank road trip, but I've consistently gotten 25mpg. I'm hoping for better. I'm really aware of my driving, and try to be as conservative as possible. I don't drive over 70 MPG on the highway. If I'd driven my Vibe as conservatively, I'd have gotten 35 mpg. Wish I'd kept my Vibe!

Adjustable drivers seat, back-up mirror, ride comfort, extra room compared to my last car.

Honesty in advertising mileage. I guess when they did their road test, the drove 55 on the highway, and drove downhill everywhere else!