2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Review: Lots of features, disappointin

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Review

Lots of features, disappointing MPG
By angieb25 on

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my Equinox for about a year now and have had no problems. It drives smooth. It's roomy. I like how the back seat slides back and forth, so you can add room where you need it. I like how the sunroof slides AND tilts. I really like having a USB port. It makes it so easy to listen to my music. The rearview camera is very helpful, and almost neccesary. The stereo sounds good too, but you may have to adjust it to your liking. I like the fact that I was able to go 8,000 miles before I needed an oil change. And even though I don't have AWD, it handles the snow and ice well.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth for phone, USB port, sliding back seat, rearview camera.

Suggested Improvements

They should have a setting that automatically turns on the defrost when you use the remote start. They already have a setting that automatically turns on the a/c, so why not one for defrost too? The gas mileage is a little disappointing. I drive about 85% highway and only get 25 MPG overall. They should change their advertised estimated MPG.
By broussel
on 01/11/12 18:19 PM (PST)

fuel economy is misrepresented in their advertising and window sticker. They advertise this SUV as a 32 MPG, it is not. combined MPG about 22MPG. Had dealer check trim and the car is in proper trim.