Great buy, no regrets, go for it! BEST small SUV
By purdue_flunkie on
2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
Amazing car, handles much better than CRV, especially on a highway. Very quite and smooth, comfortable ride. Gas mileage is also great, as advertised. Electronics and dash board instrumentation is light years ahead of any other compact SUV. Interior is well designed and does not feel cheap unlike Nissan Rogue and Subaru Forester which both. Options packages are well thought of and not a rip off like with Hondas etc. GM included all the basic convenience into basic models and did not make 1 or 2 desperately wanted option available on premium trim levels only. I got exactly what I need without paying for extra stuff which I dont. Dont think any further, Equinox is not perfect but the best!
Favorite Features
Instrumentation, TPMS data in psi, well equipped basic models (auto headlights, available remote start./auto dimming mirror, adjustable intermittent wipers, blue tooth, etc)
Suggested Improvements
I would add an engine protection underneath. Peace of plastic from the front bumper to the middle of the engine would do he job. It scares me how the serpentine belt and starter motor are exposed from underneath. Plastic shield would help to protect those parts from the snow, salt and stones. Wires could be organized better inside of an engine compartment.