2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Review: Extremely pleased - great for

2011 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Review

Extremely pleased - great for tall drivers
By ljski on

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Only 350 mi. on it so far. An excellent choice if you put high priority on fuel economy, a comfortable & quiet ride, comfortable seats, leg room, the capacity versatililty of SUV. It's a great highway cruiser offering one of the most pleasing & serene rides I've experienced in a vehicle of this price. It's relatively heavy which, along w/ its high waistline translates into a solid secure feeling. But it won't wow you with its pep or its cornering (which are still certainly acceptable) Great front & rear seat room for 6'4" guy; headroom is good even w/ a sunroof. I chose it over RAV4, CRV, Venza and Sorrento. Seems good value if you can get at invoice w/ 0% finance and $1500 cash bac

Favorite Features

Sooo quiet - has made highway cruising a true pleasure! Fuel economy and Eco mode ("softens" the accelerator so you really notice how much gas you're giving it and reduces liklihood of jack-rabbit starts). Great exterior looks. Good safety. Kid's carseat installs easily & more distance between car seat and door than others. Nice touch to have a light in the big center console storage unit. Backup camera & being able to fine-tune the driver's seat positioning was worth getting the "driver's convenience pkge" This car had everything I highly valued w/ acceptable compromises in power and cornering. They're selling well for good reason.

Suggested Improvements

These are pretty minor: Dashboard looks great but agree w/ Edmunds that some controls are a stretch to reach. Improve blindspot and rearward visibility a bit (a problem with many current SUV styles) - I'd rather rely on my eyes than technology. Do even a bit more to reduce the low RPM engine growl, though it's already pretty good w/ the noise cancellation technology. Would LOVE memory seats/mirrors as a stand-alone option. If more becomes apparent after I drive it more, I'll update this.