2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Review: Equinox MPG

2011 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Review

LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Equinox MPG
By kazoo_blue on

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've seen several reviews by people saying they do not get any where near the advertised mpg but on my trip from Kazoo Michigan to Lexington Ky. and back we averaged just a shade under 30 mpg and the vehicle just rolled over 3,000 miles so I expect that it will improve the mpg as the miles roll up. Fun, quiet, comfortable ride on the trip. Wife drives 70+ and I drive 70.

Love the Bluetooth hands free phone feature!

None at this point.
By abramlet
on 05/18/11 10:40 AM (PDT)

I have over 6,000 miles on my LTZ 4cy. I drive from Athens, GA to Lexington, Ky and only got 22.9 mpg. While driving in town, i get 22.7. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I drive 70 - 75 mph on the highway. Any ideas?

By bet48
on 06/02/11 08:38 AM (PDT)

I too am getting the 22.? on the hwy, mine has 20k, i check my own mpg, i do not go by the computer that gives the average. i wonder why we are getting that, the dealer said they only get raves about how good they do on gas. i wonder if the variable valve timing is tuned correctly with the directg injection which is where the optimun fuel econmy derivies from. Dealer is making me think i dont know what i am talking about on the fuel being used