2011 Chevrolet Equinox 2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Equinox MPG not as advertised

2011 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Review

LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Equinox MPG not as advertised
By lsr1 on

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a Chevy Equinox 2011 a few weeks ago, and the MPG of 32 Highway is not even close to the actual. I do mostly highway driving, and I am only getting 18.5 MPG. I have been very conservative on how I am driving (no fast start, or engine reving). One of the reasons that I chose this vehicle above other's is becasus of the fuel economy. Chevy outright LIED, and so did the dealer. Now they won't return my calls anymore when I ask them why they lied to me about the MPG. How can Chevy get away with that? I WILL NEVER buy another Chevy as long as I live, and I will discourage anyone I know from buying a Chevy as well.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Chevy should be honest when posting their MPG. 18 is not even close to 32 MPG. Also was told that I would get 600 miles per tank of gas, and I only get 275.
By equinox01
on 06/17/11 08:08 AM (PDT)

The MPG is for the smaller engine in the very best of conditions. All manufactures post that. I rented a 4 cyl and a V-6 before I purchased to see what kind of mileage I would get. I got better with the V-6. I purchased one 2 months ago and I love it. Granted the MPG averages 20 MPH, but I traded in a Nissan Sentra that I had for 3 years and gave up 5 MPG. For the security I feel in the Equinox it was worth it. By the way, the Nissan was supposed to get 35 MPG and I got 25. It depends on the driver. Those are mear estimates.