2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Review: Equinox a winner for Chevrolet

2011 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Review

2011 Chevrolet Equinox

Equinox a winner for Chevrolet
By chevyfan4 on

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I can't help writing about the Equinox since I believe that it is heads and shoulders above the normal Chevy that I have had in the past.
There seems to be a lot of dissatisfaction with the gas milage on the 4 cyl, however, I believe that it's right on.
My highway milage has been 31/33 mpg consistantly, summer or winter.
When I say highway I mean just highway.
Not going from my home to the highway and not including the ramp, just plain highway at speeds of 65 to 70 mph.
I'm sure that if I were to travel at 55 it would be even better.
When these cars are rated I can assure you that they are put on a track in good weather with no other vehicles around and once up to speed are checked.

First and foremost it's the milage. For a vehicle of this size it's impressive. Secondly it's the remarkably comfortable quiet ride. The quality is impressive. I really like the movable rear seat. I have used that many times and it's a great feature. The back up camera screen in the rear view mirror is exactly where it should be and works great. Even though the 4 cyl engine won't win any races, it's still quick enough to get going when you need it. Remember we don't have a race car here, it's a midsized SUV with great gas milage and I bought it for that purpose. I use my Cruze turbo for zipping around.

Any improvements that I would suggest would only put me in the Cadillac level, but that would also put me in a much higher price bracket. I think that Chevy has done a great job on this vehicle and I love mine just the way it is. For the price and the quality of vehicle I don't think you can go wrong.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review