DO NOT BUY THIS CAR
By tbarnes1 on
2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I am the type of person that usually reads reviews and discards the few out there that may be negative. I plead with you to not disregard this review. I purchased a NEW 2011 chevy equinox back in March and have nothing but problems with it since I drove it off the lot. Have intermitent stalling, engine hesitation when accelerating, and rattle at startup. I've taken it back to the dealer 3 times to resolve the issue (every time leaving with them saying it's fixed). Just had it stall YET AGAIN. I've submitted paperwork for Lemon Law b/c I WANT MY MONEY BACK. Do NOT buy this car if you are looking for a reliable vehicle. Now I have to fight to keep my family safe & get my money back!
Suggested Improvements
Don't put a car out in market that is unreliable and has KNOWN issues prior to hitting the lot. How many times can the Camshaft Actuators be replaced. This CAR IS TERRIBLE!
By chev_ownr
on 10/20/11 10:37 AM (PDT)

There is a recall for this specific problem (a bad batch of cam actuators that spanned about 6 months of the 2011 model year). In some cases, the solenoids themselves may need to be replaced as well as (i think this is an amendment to the recall). The problem is fixable, my equinox (build date 03/11) had all of your symptoms, but after the recall fix was done, I get 28 mpg on the highway and average 23, in an AWD LT1. Take it to a different dealer - they should know this..

By karina2009
on 10/26/11 20:02 PM (PDT)

I also purchased a 2011 Chevy Equinox in March and had nothing but problems, similar to the first post. I drive the vehicle and as I am stopping in rocks back and forth and you could hear the engine noise fluctuate. I just dropped off the vehicle to the dealership for the 4th time today and have been in contact with GM. GM said they will work with me and repurchase the car back, I guess it is a faster process than doing the Lemon Law deal. I just feel the dealer is playing guessing games and replacing parts until they get it right. I will never buy a Chevrolet ever again.

By omg1
on 12/06/11 15:15 PM (PST)

I'm having the same issues. I bought my 2011 Equinox back in April it has stall on me 5 times so far. It tends to happen when I am in reverse. The check engine light came on once. I had the cam shaft actuators replaced twice. The second time it improve the rough start up noise, but I'm still having the same stalling issues. Its been in the shop twice overnight and because it doesn't happen when they have it...they claim there's nothing they can do. It's mighty strange that none of these occurrences registers on the car's computer. I will be checking into the lemon law because I've work to hard to put my hard earn money into a piece of junk

By djjyack
on 11/15/11 02:02 AM (PST)

We purchased 2011 Equinox on Dec 2010. We have been going back and forth to the Chevy dealership many times. In fact they have our car for more than 1 month now. We have experienced the air bag warning, the care wont start, rattling noise by the dashboard and the car is not accelerating no matter how hard I press the gas pedal. Not sure if we just got the bad batch. But I agree with the previous comment, I don't feel safe to have my family in it. The car not responding while driving is a big issue it's like an accident waiting to happen. Hope that we can get our money back. But I don't see myself getting another Chevy for now.