Disappointing City MPG, Good Highway
By mallit38 on
2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
Despite people complaining about MPG, I bought my Equinox about 6 weeks ago. My city mileage has been significantly below the 22 MPG EPA rating, but surprisingly, I did get 32 MPG on a long road trip with a fully loaded vehicle. So far, I have enjoyed driving my Equinox, having upgraded from an 09 Pontiac Torrent. The vents don't blow right on me, but the A/C is capable and delivers very cold air. I'm not super tall, but if it weren't for the steering wheel controls, I would have a heck of a time operating the radio. Beware, the driver's side has a bad blind spot, but having the same issue with my Torrent, I am used to it. Use your mirrors and look over your shoulder and it'll be fine.
Favorite Features
*Sound system *Standard bluetooth *Sliding and folding down rear seats *Long range remote fob *Strong A/C system, a must for people living in the south like me *Extra insulation to lower cabin noise, extremely quiet ride
Suggested Improvements
*Make the radio controls more easily accessible *Better vent placement *Have one touch window controls that go BOTH up and down, instead of just one touch down *This will sound stupid, but put a blue ring around the hazard button in the center, it looks weird *Put the power door locks on the door and not in the center console.