2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Review: Bought my 2011 Equinox March 2

2011 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Review

Bought my 2011 Equinox March 2011
By triciag1 on

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The first day I got my car it had to be put in the shop for a week to change out a module for the on-star/Bluetooth. A couple weeks later had it in the shop for 16 days due to transmission problems. Dealer put a whole new transmission. Im not very happy at all !!! Just not sure the quality is what it should be in the equinox. I love the look of the car and the way it handles. Im just very concerned about the dependability. If I had to do it again Im not sure I would buy the Equinox !!

Love the look of the Equniox and the bluetooth feature !

Transmission !
By rcpruitt
on 08/12/11 18:27 PM (PDT)

I know how you feel. I bought a new car for the first time in a long time for good dependability. Just bought it in March and I feel like it stays in the shop more than my driveway. Transmission issues, A/C has gone out, gas mileage is not good, they put the wrong parts in my steering wheel, and so on. It is a cute car but I am sick that I am stuck with a new vehicle that I cannot trust and I am afraid to allow my 15 year old daughter drive it with all of the stalling issues. So when it is my only vehicle how is she supposed to learn to drive? GM does not want to work with me at all on getting me something dependable. The 2010 loaner is a much better vehicle and proves to me that GM made huge mistakes with the 2011 models. They know they have issues but after Toyota I think they are trying to keep things hush hush.