A Truly Great Car!
By elderkin on
2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
Having owned 2 Toyota Highlander's and a RAV 4 I was in the process on dealing for a 2009 Highlander lease back. I was ready to close the deal but my wife kept asking me to look at the Equinox. A friend of hers had one and my wife was really impressed. Well, I gave in and put the Highlander on hold and went to look at the Equinox. I honestly found it hard to believe that the Equinox was so great. I cancelled the Highlander and bought the Equinox. Every day I find that I am more satisfied with it. I honestly cannot complain about a thing. I am sure there are going to be some out there that are going question my decision but all I can say is that I am really glad I bought the Equinox.
Favorite Features
These are not in any specific order: the car is beautiful, it has a super ride, it is a ball to drive, there is nothing that I do not like, the finish is beautiful, I have never had a car before that was so solid and quiet, the breaks are excellent, compared to my prior car the transmission shifts super. Every day since I brought it home I find that I am more and more satisfied with it. I don't know what else can be said!
Suggested Improvements
I do not have good vision at night and it would be nice if supplemental lights were available. I have checked out adding fog lights and the total package is pretty pricy. I have also priced changing out the head lights but here again the cost is too high. However, supplemental light are available. Not wanting to spend the money is more my issue. My wife is able to see fine with the OEM lights.