2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Review: A good buy!

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Review

A good buy!
By grammajamma on

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I started researching crossover SUV's in Aug.2010 and immediately liked what I learned about the Equinox. Out of 7 vehicles I drove the Nox was #6 and I was in love. Initially, I wanted a FWD, for the mileage, bought decided on AWD. Since the purchase we have experienced a freak snow/ice storm; took it on a 3200 mile trip and got caught in another snow storm on Mt. Shasta. In both instances the car handled beautifully. I'm glad I settled on AWD. On our trip we averaged 25.1, getting 26.5 highway. City driving is different; I get about 18.5. I knew I'd lose mpg with AWD. The car is sturdy, quiet, and fun. Love it!

Quiet ride; performance; sturdiness; automatic recall on heat/air; On-Star; roomy; Michelin tires; sound system; just about everything. Hands free calling system.

The window visors are awkward. They don't really do the trick and seem to almost block my vision at times. Windows are high as in most new cars and it's slightly uncomfortable to put your arm out.