2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews 9

2011 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Disappointed
By time2go on 05/02/11 08:21 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Less than 2 weeks ago I purchased the 2011 Equinox. The ONLY reason I traded evhicles was for better gas mileage. The "sticker" said the Equinox would get 22mpg city and 32mpg highway, DO NOT BELIEVE IT! Now I have been told by Chevy Corp. that it will take at least 3000 miles before one could Possibly see that kind of mileage. But, understand, you are not tole that up-front. Buying the Equinox in one of the worst decisions I have ever made. I will not encourage anyone to buy a Chevy productt ever again. I am totally disgusted and disappointed. Whatever hapen to "truth" in advertising. No wonder dealerships have such a bad reputation.

Not bad?
By vonirkinshtine on 04/21/11 12:34 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I were drawn to the Equinox by all the advertised features packed into a compact SUV. The exterior styling is nice, and the interior fits both her (5'1") and me (6'1") just fine. The rear seats leave plenty of room for actual adults or a substantial excursion to the home improvement store. But, with 8000 miles this thing makes all sorts of odd noises. Something in the back is making some sort of rhythmic popping noise, and the seat belt tensioner sounds like the Tin Man. Overall I question the longevity of this SUV. The transmission does whatever it wants, and it makes odd noises when you crank it. Oh, and 32mpg? On what planet?

Bummer MPG
By tismb on 04/14/11 07:15 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I did a lot of research before I purchased my 2011 Equinox. I trusted the ratings, most notably the mpg as stated on Edmunds and USNews. I think I'm averaging around 22 mpg, when I anticipated much, much more!! The stated 32 mpg for highway driving was the deciding factor in my selection and, despite having taken a few road trips, I have not come close to that number. I thought this was maybe a mechanical problem until I read the other reviews. While I love the vehicle, I have been majorly disappointed in the gas mileage.

Seems Okay After 2100 miles
By lazy_bones on 04/14/11 07:07 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I came to the Equinox from a 2005 Cadillac CTS. While the old car was a Caddy, it WAS 7 years old. It had the 3.6L, and got 25 mpg everywhere. It had features that this 'Nox hasn't even thought of - easy tilt control, large voice vocabulary, better rear and side vision. I get around 26-27 mpg with my 4-cyl, but have already almost had two accidents because I didn't see other cars in my two blind spots (the Caddy wasn't blind in these areas, so I guess I have to learn all over again). It handles and rides very well, and I like the remote start and power lift-gate. Radio controls hard to reach from the driver's seat.

Just a car
By kayldee on 04/12/11 06:50 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Headlights, what's with the headlights? They are mounted so far inside the fender and trim that the top of the light is cut off. In the city, not a problem, but in rural hilly areas you might as well drive with no headlights. You can only see a couple of car lengths ahead. Deer or people on the road, totally invisible. I sold a 2010 Camaro because of this. You couldn't see to drive it at night. I have a friend with a Lincoln MKz and she has the same problem. So far, so good mechanically. But the Equinox is ugly! Looks like it is nose diving down the road. It doesn't appear to sit level when parked. Really ugly. The rear shocks, struts or whatever need lowering.

shafted by gm
By noxsucksthegas on 04/06/11 18:41 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

like most everyone here iam going to talk about the piss poor mpg . like some i have talked with gm @ 1-800-790-5700 for the past mounth 1/2 . just to find out that my nox is in the avg. est. fuel rateing at normaly 23.5 on the hiway which i disagree because thats just above city avg. on hwy. driving . my opinion gm has a problem with that 4cly. or maybe they should'nt put that 4 cly. in the equinox. anyway they wont admitt they are wrong. the new redesigned gm that runs deep SUCKS. the old gm whould at least listen and try to help you. out with the old in with the new.

Nice vehicle--phoney gas mileage ratings
By cmomm on 03/31/11 22:20 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Only have 400 mi on Nox but drives well, good enough speed for a 4 cyl AWD SUV (no racecar)---nice seats, interior in general but poor rear visibility-must use mirrors and carefully watch the lane changes and backups-have a 2000 LeSabre Limited with 86K that gets good mph in town 20-21 and better over the road 28-31-maybe Nox will do better after 3-5K miles on it-bunch of hype to put the 4cyl in and give a phony mileage rating to sell cars but everbody lies today---however, I need the AWD for the winters in PA and rear space is handy to carry things - bought it since I am an old WW2 vet and have a 56" replica of my ship to take to reunions, etc. which would not fit in car-price fair overal

A good buy!
By grammajamma on 03/27/11 19:04 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I started researching crossover SUV's in Aug.2010 and immediately liked what I learned about the Equinox. Out of 7 vehicles I drove the Nox was #6 and I was in love. Initially, I wanted a FWD, for the mileage, bought decided on AWD. Since the purchase we have experienced a freak snow/ice storm; took it on a 3200 mile trip and got caught in another snow storm on Mt. Shasta. In both instances the car handled beautifully. I'm glad I settled on AWD. On our trip we averaged 25.1, getting 26.5 highway. City driving is different; I get about 18.5. I knew I'd lose mpg with AWD. The car is sturdy, quiet, and fun. Love it!

Beautiful Vehicle
By chelerae on 03/22/11 19:53 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After much research and test driving the Edge, Equinox & Santa Fe it was a no brainer. The Equinox was the only one that I fell in love with immediately after driving. This car looks like a million bucks. The seats are very comfortable and the entire inside has a very luxurious feel. The car handles well. It feels like a strong solid car if that makes sense. It shifts smoothly. It's an absolute pleasure to drive. There is almost no outside noise in the cabin. I agree that the gas mileage isn't great. The cargo space is adequate for grocery shopping and the like. If you are looking for affordable luxury check this car out. I fall in love every time I turn the key!

Love the extra little features
By texasmom82 on 03/20/11 14:07 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I had researched cars for months and loved the Equinox on paper - then the second I went to test drive one I fell in love. I had no intentions of buying new but didn't want one older than a 2010 but when looking at the 2010's I noticed I couldn't get them much cheaper, if any cheaper, than a new 2011 so I got the new one. I have the 1LT and added the Drivers Convenience package with the bluetooth, backup camera, and power driver seat and LOVE it! The bluetooth has been wonderful when I'm driving and a good thing to have in case my state, like many others, go to outlawing using cellphones while driving. The backup camera is also a great feature to have.