2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews 8

2011 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Car looks great, but drives horribly
By videomanfx on 06/02/11 13:01 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I should have listened to Car and Driver Magazine. The article talked about the Equinox being "faster" for Zero to 60 mph, but the Kia Sorento rides better. Well, thinking like a "man", I chose the Equinox because guys like speed. I did a test drive and did not notice anything odd. But, I later found out that it was because all of the roads around the dealership are smooth! You cannot tell how a car really handles until you take it off the lot. I have only owned my vehicle for 2 months, but every single day, I feel EVERY crack and bump in the road. I complained to the dealer and they stated that it was normal. The car looks good buy rides horribly. The suspension is horrible.

Shagged
By cleopatra402 on 05/31/11 10:11 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After reading positive reviews,on 1/7/2011 we purchased a 2011 Equinox 2LT mostly for the advertised 32mpg and style. I have had nothing but disappointments. The dealer replaced the wipers, battery, starter, brains,and something in the transmission.The engine made a horrible loud grinding noise at start up. It felt like it was in the shop most of the two months we owned the car. We traded a 2002 Sequoia with NO issues. I wanted NEW so I wouldn't have issues. After many phone hours, alot of gas and time we got a new 2011 2LT replacement on 4/6/2011. Within the first week of owning the new one, the engine started making grinding noises and stalled while driving it. It is currently in the shop!

2 days old, speaker system in back out, full tank gas almost gone!
By jrt_banks on 05/28/11 18:36 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Hi! I recently purchased a brand new 2011 equinox three days ago with 130 miles on it. I LOVE the look, comfort and drive with this SUV. The standard features are amazing, the sound system is killer, and the bluetooth is awesome. I paid a little extra and got the LT1 with the sunroof and remote start, back up camera and power seats. TOTALLY worth it. The DAY I bought it we got hit with a HORRIBLE, and I mean HORRIBLE hail storm and tornadoes. (FIGURES RIGHT?). My suv handled amazing in this weather. We actually got stuck in the car when some of it hit and during the high winds it did not wander at all and NONE of my windows or anything got even a little crack. I do however have hail dents

As Advertised 2nd report
By ronguy on 05/25/11 10:53 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Returned from my 2nd 740 mile round trip to Rochester, MN and and am happy to report that this time I averaged 32.3 mpg on the highway. I did not drive over 65 miles per hour even though in MN the speed limit is 70. On the way home I averaged 29 mpg but attribute it the very high winds all the way home. Very happy with the Equinox.

Equinox V6 LT2
By red_rider on 05/25/11 08:54 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I recently purchased an Equinox and absolutely love it. I'm glad I got the v6, because it is perfect when you need that boost of speed. I currently get 19.8 mpg driving 90% city and 10% highway. This is because I coast a lot of the time when I see a red light. I think eventually it might hit 19 mpg, but I'm not really looking for good gas mileage since I drive maybe 100 miles a week.

Equinox MPG
By kazoo_blue on 05/15/11 11:03 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've seen several reviews by people saying they do not get any where near the advertised mpg but on my trip from Kazoo Michigan to Lexington Ky. and back we averaged just a shade under 30 mpg and the vehicle just rolled over 3,000 miles so I expect that it will improve the mpg as the miles roll up. Fun, quiet, comfortable ride on the trip. Wife drives 70+ and I drive 70.

Loud engine knock at cold start up.
By arveejay on 05/15/11 06:29 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The car is very comfortable to drive with lots of leg room. It handles just fine, looks great and rides great. My only concern so far is the 2.4L engine rattle at cold start. It sounds like there is no oil in the engine for several seconds and then quiets right down. Even after dealer changed the oil and filter at 1000 miles the noise is still there. If my dealer can fix the noise before the engine shells out, I'll be very happy with it. I'm sure I won't still have it when the warranty is nearing running out.

Things To Consider
By suv4years on 05/02/11 15:57 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned three Trailblazers and loved them. The Traverse was too big for me and has low mpg. I bought the Equinox last week because of its size and mpg ratings. On the first tank of gas around town I got 26 mpg according to my math, 25.2 according to the car computer. This will improve after about 1500 miles.

As advertised
By ronguy on 05/02/11 13:29 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned my 2011 Equnox 2LT FWD now for 2 months and am very pleased. I initially took the car on a 740 mile round trip the 1st week and only got 28 mpg. My city driving averaged 18mpg. Now after 2 months and 2000 miles I have just been doing city driving and am getting 21.87 mpg in the city. There are stretches of 1/2 mile or so before I hit a light or stop sign. The amount of stops vary depending where you live so maybe I live in an area that requires less stop and go. I do drive with a light foot and realized that if I release my foot from the gas pedal after it goes into the 2nd gear and then reapply lightly the instant fuel mileage gauge immediately jumps to 22-28 mpg from 12-16 mpg

Disappointed
By time2go on 05/02/11 08:21 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Less than 2 weeks ago I purchased the 2011 Equinox. The ONLY reason I traded evhicles was for better gas mileage. The "sticker" said the Equinox would get 22mpg city and 32mpg highway, DO NOT BELIEVE IT! Now I have been told by Chevy Corp. that it will take at least 3000 miles before one could Possibly see that kind of mileage. But, understand, you are not tole that up-front. Buying the Equinox in one of the worst decisions I have ever made. I will not encourage anyone to buy a Chevy productt ever again. I am totally disgusted and disappointed. Whatever hapen to "truth" in advertising. No wonder dealerships have such a bad reputation.