2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews 7

2011 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Loving my Equinox!!
By 4hotrod on 06/28/11 15:27 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 Equinox on May 31st. This is after 2 yrs of test drives & reading reviews. We had it narrowed down to the Hyundai Tucson and the Equinox, we even drove them both to the same place for side by side comparison. I just turned over 3000 miles and average 27-28 mpg combined city and hwy. I anticipate that it will keep improving as it breaks in more. I drive 140 miles a day round trip to work and the comfort is unbelievable, rear leg room is amazing and I like being able to increase the storage in the back my simply moving the seat forward a little bit. Minor body adjust was needed in rear quarter panel after 200 mile, due to squeaking noise but all else is perfect.

Fuel mileage
By aj1949 on 06/28/11 09:18 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Chevrolet estimates the fuel mileage at 32 mpg for highway use. I am averaging 21 mpg highway use. I questioned the Chevrolet dealership if they good make some adjustment to increase the mileage and I was told if there were no warning lights on that everything was performing properly. It would be interesting to see how GM comes up with their numbers. It certainly isn't real world data. Most of my driving is highway and normal speed limits with air conditioning on, no mountains.

MPG+other
By ownone on 06/27/11 20:54 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

How to get best MPG. My test runs: 55mph 2 people in vehicle ECO mode ~36mpg 65mph 2 people in vehicle ECO mode + cruise control ~33.9mpg. In town average with ECO mode on ~26-28mpg with. Listed high way mpg was 38 for this vehicle when I bought it. This I already new was not possible. Look people you have to ease on the gas and I will guarentee it will get the above mpg unless there is a defect. Even the service shop people were amazed I get this kind of mpg as most customers complain they don't. Its all in how you drive it. Also expect to get different MPG if you live in the hills. I live in the valley in CA where the high ways are flat and straight for the most part.

Very pleased with Equinox
By johndg on 06/26/11 21:19 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased a 2011 Equinox LT2 in January 2011. My wife wanted leather heated seats so we were required to buy the LT2 model. The vehicle our dealer found for us had the optional sunroof and power rear hatch, and is painted black with a black interior. We now have more than 10,000 miles on the Equinox and have had only one problem - it failed to start (jump starting worked and we took it to a dealer where the problem was fixed.) This has since been a recall item which requires that the dealer reprogram one of the onboard computers - it has been fixed on current production vehicles.

What you see, it what you get!
By myequinox08731 on 06/21/11 19:41 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Love, Love , Love this car! Every inch is perfection! Buy it, drive it, love it!

DO NOT BUY FOR GAS MILAGE
By txasrodie50 on 06/21/11 15:07 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my Equinox for over 6 months now and have yet to see a 32mpg. It has been more like 24 . I had a large SUV and went down in size for gas milage. Wish I had my big SUV back. Iam probably only getting maybe 5 miles to the gal more, that is on the highway, and I have given up alot of room and a comfortable ride. No rear air in 100 degree weather in Texas is not good either. On the plus side, it is good looking, and easier to park.

LOVE IT!!
By equinox01 on 06/17/11 08:17 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I got my Equinox in March. I rented a 4 cyl. and a V-6 before I purchased to see which one I would like better. The V-6 got better gas mileage and had a lot more pick up. The 4 cyl. struggled on the highway for me. I absolutely love my Equinox. I have 20 MPG highway and city. I traded up from a Nissan Sentra that got 25 MPG, but I feel so much more comfortable and secure in my Equinox. It was worth the difference to me. Smooth, Quiet ride with plenty of room. Best vehicle I have ever owned!

great car
By dirtcolornox on 06/13/11 09:46 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Have driven the car for about 1300 miles, so far, it is a great move. Had a 06 caddy SRX, Moved to the nox to save on Gas, less $ on maintenance, goal was 28 MPG.

Equinox MPG not as advertised
By lsr1 on 06/09/11 07:53 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a Chevy Equinox 2011 a few weeks ago, and the MPG of 32 Highway is not even close to the actual. I do mostly highway driving, and I am only getting 18.5 MPG. I have been very conservative on how I am driving (no fast start, or engine reving). One of the reasons that I chose this vehicle above other's is becasus of the fuel economy. Chevy outright LIED, and so did the dealer. Now they won't return my calls anymore when I ask them why they lied to me about the MPG. How can Chevy get away with that? I WILL NEVER buy another Chevy as long as I live, and I will discourage anyone I know from buying a Chevy as well.

Bought my 2011 Equinox March 2011
By triciag1 on 06/04/11 19:27 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The first day I got my car it had to be put in the shop for a week to change out a module for the on-star/Bluetooth. A couple weeks later had it in the shop for 16 days due to transmission problems. Dealer put a whole new transmission. Im not very happy at all !!! Just not sure the quality is what it should be in the equinox. I love the look of the car and the way it handles. Im just very concerned about the dependability. If I had to do it again Im not sure I would buy the Equinox !!