Used 2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 144 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

2011 Chevy Equinox - kept it only 9 months
By carrollmdtech

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

sadly, this was an under performing SUV, in no way reached the sticker MPG rate. I was in the low to mid 20's at highway speeds everyday. After 3rd time to the dealer repair for warranty work, for 3 different problems, i.e. ceiling lights did not stay in, grinding sound in rear wheels when turning, poor gas mileage.

the lights were fixed satisfactorily, the grinding sound was repaired, but returned. The gas mileage was never what was stated,

Disappointing City MPG, Good Highway
By mallit38

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Despite people complaining about MPG, I bought my Equinox about 6 weeks ago.
My city mileage has been significantly below the 22 MPG EPA rating, but surprisingly, I did get 32 MPG on a long road trip with a fully loaded vehicle.

So far, I have enjoyed driving my Equinox, having upgraded from an 09 Pontiac Torrent.
The vents don't blow right on me, but the A/C is capable and delivers very cold air.
I'm not super tall, but if it weren't for the steering wheel controls, I would have a heck of a time operating the radio.

Beware, the driver's side has a bad blind spot, but having the same issue with my Torrent, I am used to it.
Use your mirrors and look over your shoulder and it'll be fine.

*Sound system *Standard bluetooth *Sliding and folding down rear seats *Long range remote fob *Strong A/C system, a must for people living in the south like me *Extra insulation to lower cabin noise, extremely quiet ride

*Make the radio controls more easily accessible *Better vent placement *Have one touch window controls that go BOTH up and down, instead of just one touch down *This will sound stupid, but put a blue ring around the hazard button in the center, it looks weird *Put the power door locks on the door and not in the center console.

Wont be buying another Chevy product
By powerman6

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This vehicle seemed to be a promising vehicle with plenty of room and a good engine. That is until the first of many problems with the transmission. First the an engine maintenance light comes on and you can not drive over 30 mph. Luckly my wife was close to the dealership to take it in. 3 days later we get the car back, and 30 days later the same problem happens again. The dealership tells us its an unusual problem that has apparently happened to only 1 other owner in the United States. The problem is a switch in the transmission.
Driving it in snow or ice conditions are a safety hazzard. Its anti slip transmission cuts your power down so much Dumped this vehicle before it broke down again

Room

I would improve the drive train system. Definite safety issues with the transmission losing power during acceleration. Also the anti slip transmission feature needs total redesign. When there is slick conditions and that feature kicks in I can walk faster than the vehicle can move.

2011 Equinox Headache
By tony_deciantis

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Almost a year I have had my 2011 equinox and still nothings changed I really regret this vehicle this is the worst GM vehicle Ive ever had. Til this day the fuel ecomony sucks whats so go about this, my 2006 chevy uplander was a v6 and had better fuel economy. I got the equinox for the fuel consumption had I known all of this I would never of got this vehicle. Driving this vehicle is another story now it hesitates almost as if the vehicle was thinking what to do, also lack of power I did my recall nothings really changed. GM must do something about this it is their vehicle but they wont stand behind it Ive driving GM all my life and have been very proud but this might be my last.

Our 2nd Equinox. Great vehicle
By alititude2087

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Traded in my 2010 that had 67,000 trouble free miles for a loaded LTZ. I have the 2.4 and after 10k the fuel economy has improved from 23ish to about 28mpg highway. I drive 30,000 plus highway miles per year and find the Equinox to be one of the most solid highway performers in the compact suv market. I find it well built and stylish.

Interior, exterior, highway ride, quiet, value.

My last Equinox had the V6, i miss all the extra power it had over my 2011 4cyl. Visibility could be better.