7 payments down & 8 trips to the dealer for repair
By grace_d_jr on
2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
Love the car for every day use due to the value and style of the equinox. However, we have had several issues with our chevy. Started with a check engine light with less then 2K on the clock, (3K) loud noises upon start up, (9K) steering wheel felt like it would "lock up" while driving, rough idel, interior parts and molding not fitting/working. Chevy refused to extend warranty nor would they assist with a trade in towards a new Equinox...it says a lot about a product when the mfg will not stand behind it and give an additional 3 yr warranty. As far as the MPG goes...it has been pretty close to the 22MPG listed in town driving.
Favorite Features
Looks great. Lots of leg room in front and back seats. plenty of cargo space for a family of 3.
Suggested Improvements
Stand behind your product and offer a longer warranty!
By htx3
on 01/18/12 23:33 PM (PST)

I know how you feel. I was a GM empolyee. My father still is. I have been driving GM products for years. I gave up on GM. All our new cars and trucks had problems. From small to big problems. Silverados,Malibus,Buicks. I sold my 2007 z71 because it was falling apart and 5 year 100,000 warranty was up. I kept buying GM to buy American regardless of problems. Gave up on GM service departments(what a joke). Rude service guys(act like they don't need your service).One time they put a fuel pump in my truck when I needed a fuel injector instead. My wifes brand new Malibu had front end problems with less than 3000 miles they said at dealer that manufacture plant forgot to put some bolts up front. I tried to like the Equinox but GM left a bad taste in my mouth. Bought me and my wife a 2011 Subaru Forester each instead. Could not be happier. I could go on about Chevrolet but it breaks my heart.