2011 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews 6

2011 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Regret buying
By sweetswife on 07/26/11 08:45 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After driving a Lexus RX350, I wanted a similiar size vehicle w/ better gas mileage and lower payments. I definitely got the lower payments, but was suckered on the gas mileage. Lexus got around 22 mpg & after driving the Equinox 10 months now, I'm lucky to get 24mpg. I even bought the 4 cyl to improve gas mileage and this was also a huge mistake b/c it has absolutely no power. Visiblility is horrible in the rear and side. Interior controls for door locks aren't even on the doors, which is very awkward. Cruise control switch is also poorly placed on the steering wheel and very easy to accidently switch off when driving. I'm already looking to sell this vehicle and go back to an import

Gas Mileage and 4 cylinder engine performance
By 58tr3 on 07/22/11 15:55 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded a 350 hp hemi dodge truck on the 180 hp AWD LT2 Equinox. While there there is a big difference in engine performance between the two vehicles, the Equinox 4 banger is still quite peppy. I read that others have said the car is slow from a dead start and that is true unless you really give the throttle a good mash. More throttle produces much more response. My biggest gripe is that 3,780 lb, 180 hp engine is averaging only 21.5 mpg. The 6,000+ lb, 350 hp hemi multidisplacement engine was not far behind this with 18-19 mpg. My wife's Jeep Liberty V6 averages more than the Equinox. Although fun to drive, I am disappointed in the gas mileage.

Nice Vehicle
By jeffskiing on 07/19/11 12:34 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a LT2 with the V6 engine. I've had it for about a week now, and love it. It handles very well, and the interior quality is very good. The steering wheel controls take some getting used to, but are great! I have had several compliments on the car.

Eh...
By dja3 on 07/19/11 12:12 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've owned the Equinox AWD LT1 4CYl for 3 weeks now and sadly, as time goes on I'm less and less in love with it. The most disappointing part is the power; this vehicle is SLOW. It's most noticeable when taking off at a red light, engine revs like crazy and I'm left in the dust of the cars in front of me. Not too bad on the HWY from 60-70, but merging is difficult at best. The interior has many little "misdesigns" that add up quickly. The air vents are slim and oddly placed, so the car stays pretty hot. The dash is very "plastic fantastic" with no color or texture variance. Rear seat fold latch location is inconvenient. For the money, I think there are many better options. Disappointed.

MPG not like advertised
By selenalockwood on 07/19/11 10:27 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I got the load down LTZ with the DVD and Nav. I love all the features! My only complain is the horrible gas mileage. I drive both city and hwy daily and I average 21.5 MPG. That is not even what they advertise for city and no where close to the 32 Hwy. I was hoping to average about 28 since thats what I averaged with my old Lexus with similar specs. I was told to let the engine get broke in first before I said anything but Im at 11,500 miles and it never got better. Other than that its a great car!

In the shop twice within first 3000 miles
By mcgerm on 07/17/11 17:47 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

In the shop for engine noise and rough starting twice in first 3000 miles. In the six weeks that I have had it it has been in the shop for 2 of them. Does not get anywhere near the mileage stated.

Engine noise at start up
By ram20 on 07/17/11 09:16 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Noticed loud rattle upon start up. Sounds like valve lifters getting no oil for a few seconds. Had 4000 miles on car, took to Chevy dealer, he recommended changing break in oil and kept car overnight to listen to noise. Said he heard noise, but put otherwise on invoice??? If Equinox keeps this up now at 6000 miles I will start to battle with the folks on the complaint line. I previously had a Chevy Colorado of which 2 cylinder heads had to be replaced(factory defect) which they would not admit to, so this is how GM is.

Why pay that much for poor mileage...
By akpk on 07/13/11 20:11 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought our 2011 Equinox in November 2010. Complained about the gas mileage from the start and could not get any answers. Now has over 15,000 miles and we drive all flat highway and still can not get over 25 mpg. Supposed to get up to 600 miles to the tank at it's best, but when we drive non-stop all flat highway and still can't get over 425 miles, it is very upsetting. Love the look of the car inside and out, but unfortunately the low mpg trumps all this and wish we would've gone with a different suv.

not getting 32 MPG
By sjshouston on 07/13/11 15:06 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

we purchased our Equinox LTZ LTZ Brownstone interior, white exterior five months ago . Looks great and has lots of features. However, after 4,800 miles we are only getting 21.7 mpg average. I should have believed others who purchased the Equinox and complained about the MPG. We even took the 4 cylinder to avoid less MPG. Boy, were we suckers. I probabaly should have gone with Hyundai. It's not a performance engine but its not too bad on 4 hour trips, again except MPG. if you're looking for good gas mileage look somewhere else.

2011 Chevy Equinox: A review
By timmyg14 on 07/11/11 10:21 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

In December of 2009 I bought my wife an '08 Trailblazer. It was awesome. It was perfect for vacations (we go camping alot in the Adirondacks) it could pull a boat, and was a beast in the snow. In March of 2011, my wife would not stop complaining about gas mileage of the Trailblazer, thus we traded it in for a 2011 Equinox.