Used 2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews - 144 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Poor investment
By teddy21

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

As far as the ride quillity, it was a great hwy car , fit and trim great, room was also good.
But when a car
company developes
A car company you think they would test this engine for problems, leaks, burning oil, ruff idle and so on.

Vehicle Vibrates at highway speeds over 50 MPH
By navyofficer211

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Overall, I was pleased with the 2011 Equinox LTZ in the winter conditions. I put more highway miles on it than in actual weather conditions. My odometer read 28,000 when I had the first incident of a vibration over 50 mph and the check engine light came on briefly and stayed on for an hour or so. I thought it was the tires, so I had them checked, I had new summer all season tires on, and the tires were fine, and so I had the vehicle checked for mechanical problems, no codes were discovered and the check engine light went off.

A week ago my odometer reads 87000 and the same situation occurs with this vibration, the difference is that it occurs at all speeds now, not just highway speeds.

AWD, Navigation and the Sirius XM, gas mileage and comfort.

I think the wheels might be too big or heavy for this AWD system, cause it drags before it kicks in. The SUV had 19 inch chrome factory rims. It might cause the AWD system to overwork or overheat to cause this vibration?

BAD BAD Choice in a vehicle..
By redding63

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Where do I start... first of all I owned the vehicle for 5 days to have it taken in to the dealership for costly repairs! Yes my warranty covered it but still, I had to have the water pump,fuel pump and timing chain all replaced! Then a month later the check engine light comes on so I called On Star to have them diagnose the issue,come to find out its misfiring.AND we smell gas in the oil AND our remote start wont work because of the check engine light that's on.The dealership has us waiting a week to bring it in. Not only is that bad business ,but to find out they may or may not give us a rental car to drive. Do I feel safe in this vehicle? NO absolutely NOT!

Its a nice and beautiful vehicle on the outside but under the hood I don't trust it!

GM needs to back their consumers who make them millions of dollars buying their vehicles. Their manufacturing junk and we are being ripped off by GM. I have called GM numerous times on complaints and its a no win situation with them! Im ready to go foreign now and im a diehard stand behind GM products person, but im quickly swaying from ever doing business with GM ever again!

Good car to own.
By topg3ar

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

i purchased a LT2 2011 Chevy Equinox AWD 4cylander which is 1 step under the v6 a few months ago pre-owned , ive had it for a few months now
and have no issue with it , mechanically the vehicle runs perfect ,
basically fully loaded just not a v6 power , over all its a really great car for new family.

review camera , heats seats, sunroof, power everything, fog lights , also has the tow package , well designed interior , premium audio sound w/ sub woofer, back seats tilt and move forward or back, heated exterior mirrors, and much more .

air vents cant get good airflow the way they are placed , 4 cylinder w/ AWD is nice But .. it is very sluggish and slow at start off .

Where do I go from here?
By meshellyvette

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am reading the many reviews about the 2011 Chevy Equinox and surprised on how many people are experiencing what I am. I do not feel safe in this vehicle and cannot get the problems fixed. I have brought it in four times for the same problems and each time the story is the same-they can't replicate the problems. It idles rough, runs rough has poor acceleration and hiccups when driving. The gas mileage is not good and every time I go to get the oil changed it is on the low side. I haven't experienced an actual full-on stalling but it sure feels like it is going to and some people have experienced that. I have felt nervous pulling out into traffic as of late worried it will stall. I am stuck

Roomy and attractive but not safe!

This car needs to be recalled it is unsafe and GM is aware of it! Does someone have to die before they realize it?