32 MPG ??
By parfa on
2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
What can I say? It's a great car but I can't understand how it can be rated 22- 32 MPG?? I've yet to average 22 MPG on a 200mi road trip not to mention in town. I feel duped!!!
By elderkin
on 01/06/11 07:04 AM (PST)

I have had my 2011 Equinox for just a few days over a month. I have yet to take it out on the open road for a trip but have put on over 1000 miles driving just in town. I have checked my milage with each fuel stop and I have averaged over 22.5 mpg with every refill. I have the same engine that is listed with the above vehicle and I just keep it in ECCO mode and drive with no special attention to how I am driving it. Having traded in a Toyota Highlander on my Equinox , that never got over 17 mpg for the same use, there is no way that I feel duped.

By kaczara13
on 01/31/11 06:26 AM (PST)

Yes I am having the same problem. I live in Michigan and drive 38 miles each way to work, 28 is hwy. I had a Subaru Outback prior and would get 24 in winter and 27 in summer with this drive for 7 yrs,. Mostly rural roads the other 10 miles. I bought this car with FWD to get better mileage , in Oct, 2010. The mpg is ridiculous! I was getting 24.4-.7 in fall now that I've lowered speed UNDER 70 mph I can get 25 oh boy! I am fighting with GM to take it back. This mpg s NOT what was advertised and i think its false advertising. We were ALL duped!~ My daughters' Honda CRV with AWD also gets 27 hwy!So this is not ok. ITs not right to falsify the testing. They told me ( GM employees) that the "Fed's" ok'd the testing in "controlled environment"! I tested myself zeroing out the calibrator. I could get 29.1 IF I stayed on level hwy and started the zero while going 65 mph! That is ridiculous. When I tried next morning including only the entrance ramp too to ex-way? I got 25mpg. This is not ok. I was also told by a GM employee, that "I( he) would have known better that it was "estimated" mpg." How rude! Well that I conceded but I KNOW most cars can be off by 2 mpg if you want to 70,. The other make cars WILL get 27-28 mpg if you go 55. This car wont even if you do! Being off by 7-8 mpg is totally lying and robbery! Send me your emails or contact. Im working on a suit against GM. I have reported them to BBB already. Please assist me. thanks Deb

By rawn123
on 01/21/11 11:03 AM (PST)

I agree, I only get 18mpg city and 22mpg hwy.......very disappointing. Some of that maybe hilly western PA and cold weather, but I get 15/18 in my old Explorer so this little 4 cyl isn't saving me much. Nor can it tow my boat (which is why I kept the Explorer). Other than poor fuel milage, and an alarm malfunction, I love the Equinox. Drive, comfort, features and handling are great.

By midilink
on 02/02/11 07:06 AM (PST)

I have never bought a new vehicle, and I buy a new one every2 years now because I put on high mileage, that has fallen so far below advertised highway mileage average. This has got to be some kind of consumer deception and fraud. I've had the 2011 Equinox for just over a month now and am planing on getting rid of it this week because I need a vehicle that actually gets 28-30 MPG highway as advertised.

By tatiap95
on 05/21/11 21:11 PM (PDT)

I feel the same way. We traded a Denali for this and let me tell you the 2 to 4 MPG that I am saving wasn't worth the cost for this Nox. Maybe I should have left off the Video Entertainment, it must weigh too much for the advertised MPG