2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews 3

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Wont be buying another Chevy product
By powerman6 on 06/12/12 17:08 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This vehicle seemed to be a promising vehicle with plenty of room and a good engine. That is until the first of many problems with the transmission. First the an engine maintenance light comes on and you can not drive over 30 mph. Luckly my wife was close to the dealership to take it in. 3 days later we get the car back, and 30 days later the same problem happens again. The dealership tells us its an unusual problem that has apparently happened to only 1 other owner in the United States. The problem is a switch in the transmission. Driving it in snow or ice conditions are a safety hazzard. Its anti slip transmission cuts your power down so much Dumped this vehicle before it broke down again

2011 Equinox Headache
By tony_deciantis on 06/07/12 17:58 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Almost a year I have had my 2011 equinox and still nothings changed I really regret this vehicle this is the worst GM vehicle Ive ever had. Til this day the fuel ecomony sucks whats so go about this, my 2006 chevy uplander was a v6 and had better fuel economy. I got the equinox for the fuel consumption had I known all of this I would never of got this vehicle. Driving this vehicle is another story now it hesitates almost as if the vehicle was thinking what to do, also lack of power I did my recall nothings really changed. GM must do something about this it is their vehicle but they wont stand behind it Ive driving GM all my life and have been very proud but this might be my last.

Our 2nd Equinox. Great vehicle
By alititude2087 on 04/17/12 19:41 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Traded in my 2010 that had 67,000 trouble free miles for a loaded LTZ. I have the 2.4 and after 10k the fuel economy has improved from 23ish to about 28mpg highway. I drive 30,000 plus highway miles per year and find the Equinox to be one of the most solid highway performers in the compact suv market. I find it well built and stylish.

MPG not expected
By heresmyopinion on 04/01/12 21:54 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought this car thinking GM was building better more fuel efficient automobiles. Had the car for a year now and all I can say is I should have bought the subaru, it's a proven car where the Equinox hasn't proven anything yet. Love the design inside and out, quality is ok but for power and gas milage it's a HUGE dissapointment. With 21,000 miles we haven't seen better than 23mpg (thats all highway) and average around 21mpg. My wife test drove the car so I never felt the power until we brought it home, feels underpowered to say the least. And there's alot of rattling going on in the back. This car is however very quiet and comfortable, a fun little suv to drive. If ur buying for mpg, don't.

Great Suv to Look At
By robgrv on 03/22/12 19:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Engine had lots of power and ran well new till it got about 300 miles and then it started "fishing" GM's words. they replaced cam censors. Then it ran good for awhile and then started again. The more miles I put on it the worse it is getting. GM won't fix

Poor gas mileage
By darlenem on 03/11/12 20:39 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 Equinox new on January 1st. 2011. I have approx. 13,000 miles on it. I like almost everything about the vehicle except the gas mileage. I researched SUV's for several months before deciding on this one. My main buying point was that it had to have good gas mileage. This one said it had 27/32. I am lucky to get 26, and that is on the highway driving on a flat road with nothing but myself in the car. I've checked the mileage every time I fill it up; it's never gotten better than 26. I was told it would get better mileage after I had my first oil change. This is a lie on Chevy's part. I wouldn't have bought the car if I'd known that was the absolute best it would ever get.

Lots of features, disappointing MPG
By angieb25 on 01/10/12 09:13 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my Equinox for about a year now and have had no problems. It drives smooth. It's roomy. I like how the back seat slides back and forth, so you can add room where you need it. I like how the sunroof slides AND tilts. I really like having a USB port. It makes it so easy to listen to my music. The rearview camera is very helpful, and almost neccesary. The stereo sounds good too, but you may have to adjust it to your liking. I like the fact that I was able to go 8,000 miles before I needed an oil change. And even though I don't have AWD, it handles the snow and ice well.

Only 4 payments down and been to the shop 3 times! GARBAGE!!!
By tturlich on 11/30/11 06:46 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought mine in July and not even two weeks later the car would randomly shut off when DRIVING! Then after about a month or so it would make load noises when starting up. Brought to dealership three times and all they did was put 250 miles on it driving it around to see why it stops rather can contacting someone who might know what to do. Now yesterday I went to start the vehicle and it wouldnt even start! Let me remind you I bought it brand new and have only had it since July! One more time to the shop and you better believe I will be contacting a lawyer for a Lemon Law! This is my first new vehicle and my last from GM. My honda accord had 170,000 miles and I never even once had a problem.

7 payments down & 8 trips to the dealer for repair
By grace_d_jr on 11/23/11 17:14 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Love the car for every day use due to the value and style of the equinox. However, we have had several issues with our chevy. Started with a check engine light with less then 2K on the clock, (3K) loud noises upon start up, (9K) steering wheel felt like it would "lock up" while driving, rough idel, interior parts and molding not fitting/working. Chevy refused to extend warranty nor would they assist with a trade in towards a new Equinox...it says a lot about a product when the mfg will not stand behind it and give an additional 3 yr warranty. As far as the MPG goes...it has been pretty close to the 22MPG listed in town driving.

Why Chevy Still Doesn't Get It
By dhoff457 on 11/16/11 05:16 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought a 2011 Equinox and loved it - until yesterday. Five months old and the car simply died - while driving on the highway at 60 mph. Not what you'd expect from a new car - stuff happens but what happened next clarifies why with all the gains they've made, Chevy has a LONG way to go when it comes to understanding and serving their customer. When we the car died, we were able to pull over and call OnStar. They remotely diagnosed the issue (power train and transmission problems). But at this point they told us we needed to call ahead to the dealer to let them know we were getting towed there and they would not forward their diagnosis info to the dealer ("they'll run their own").