2 days old, speaker system in back out, full tank gas almost gone!
By jrt_banks on
2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
Hi! I recently purchased a brand new 2011 equinox three days ago with 130 miles on it. I LOVE the look, comfort and drive with this SUV. The standard features are amazing, the sound system is killer, and the bluetooth is awesome. I paid a little extra and got the LT1 with the sunroof and remote start, back up camera and power seats. TOTALLY worth it. The DAY I bought it we got hit with a HORRIBLE, and I mean HORRIBLE hail storm and tornadoes. (FIGURES RIGHT?). My suv handled amazing in this weather. We actually got stuck in the car when some of it hit and during the high winds it did not wander at all and NONE of my windows or anything got even a little crack. I do however have hail dents
Favorite Features
all over it but they were baseball sized so obviously it will happen. My scion tc actually got totalled because of the hail. So it is very sturdy. The gas mileage is NOT good tho. MAYBE got 350 on a tank? half driven on the highway. SUPER dissapointed. I got in my car today and the trunk sub/speaker unit actually isnt even working now either. Again, another disapointment. Probably a fuse but still, 3 day old? I will be complaining about the gas mileage to GM tho considering its horrible. Other than those I LOVE this car. FAVORITE FEATURE- Bluetooth handsfree, OnStar and size of sunroof.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage. GAS MILEAGE. Nowhere NEAR epa. I understand you need to "break it in" but 350 miles on a tank is horrible. ESP considering its an almost 19 gallon tank. I can't think of anything else to improve because Im not sure what is wrong with the speaker unit in the trunk. Its probably a fuse or something so I would say electrical wiring if that is the case.