2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Gas Mileage Awful
By Robert on 10/31/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I bought a 2011 Equinox after spending weeks looking at crossovers. Build quality is top notch and the ride is like floating on a cloud. The only complaint I have is the gas mileage. Most of our driving is in town so we expected it to be on the low end of the range but 15 mpg in town is ridiculous. Highway mileage runs about 26 mpg, which is so-so. After 2000 miles we get 17.4 mpg average. We are both grandparents and don't race around the streets like its Indy.

Run from this SUV it is JUNK
By Stang 149 on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My headliner has fallen down 3 times Plastic rocker molding fell off Engine knocking, car blowing blue/gray smoke, only getting 15-17MPG with regular fuel The car has been in the shop now for 2 weeks, with no real answers to the issues of poor MPG and the engine knocking. I was told it is "normal" for a new car to have blue/gray smoke coming from it until it is broke in. I have a meeting with GM's regional manager next week. RUN FROM THIS CAR! GM has not changed for the car company of the 1980’s, they are still making junk (I will give them it looks better, dives better, and may use better materials) but the reliability and quality is still the same.

Equinox Newbie
By kelsan1 on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my Equinox for about 2 weeks now and the only problems I can find are transmission rough shifting on downshifts occasionally and the power steering is to darn quick on the draw; you have to really be careful when you first start driving it until you learn the quirks of using electric steering. I traded a crew cab pickup in on this SUV and an very satisfied with the new vehicle. Optioned up pretty well but I would like to have a seat memory selection for driver as well as universal garage door opener but that was not a deal breaker. We will see how well this holds up long term.

Best bang for the buck on the market;
By Rob on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am a bit of a car snob. Mostly had Acuras and Lexus. We were in need of a new crossover and I looked at them all. The Equinox was overwhelmingly the winner for interior quality, ride, power, gas mileage, comfort for the price. Just go drive it. You will be blown away.

Nice car with some disappointments
By mz on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my 2011 chevy equinox for 3 weeks, and put 913 miles on it. I love the handling of this car, lot of space. I bought a basic model, but it doesn't look cheap at all. However, the gas millage is not good as GM claim, I only get 17 mpg on city, and it's not even close to 22. I haven't drive a lot on highway yet, so I am looking forward to see what will be real the highway mileage. This car looks really nice but I am really disappointed about GM’s quality control! I went back to the dealer 3 times for the last 3 weeks. The seat belt was twisted face to a wrong side, front passenger door window trim is not even as the rear door, rear door window has a problem to roll down

The Equinox sold itself
By Jim on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I purchase a 2011 FWD LT Equinox a month ago and we are liking the car more and more each day. After 8 years of driving a minivan it was time to move on. We looked at all the Mid sized SUVs and we found ourselves to keep coming back to the Equinox. So many features on the model level we bought. The only disappointing thing was the headliner was missing clips so it was sagging and didn't notice until one of our sons remarked when he was a passenger in the back seat. Dealer fixed but left grease marks on fabric (another story). All in all we love our new Equinox.

Awesome SUV!!
By ImaniJ on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my Equinox about two months ago and I love every minute inside of it! The seats are so plush and it rides extremely smooth. I was also interested in the Nissan Rogue initially but the amenities you get in the Equinox for basically the same price of the Rogue, is no comparison. Fuel economy is awesome. The exterior design is so smooth....loving it!

Initial observations
By Sparky on 09/02/10 20:52 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in a Mercedes convertible, opting for an inexpensive, practical SUV. I studied Edmunds articles for two months and investigated several vehicles. In the end, the Equinox seemed the best value. The low price, warranty, hi-tech features on the LT1 model with the PDD option, and design won us over. On every count, the Edmunds review was accurate. The steering does have a video game feel, and some of the interior materials are not of the highest quality. Still, our initial impression and experiences have been very favorable. It drives well, and it is very user-friendly. Our last two purchases were the Mercedes and a BMW. The personnel at the Chevy dealership were as professional...

I must be dreaming
By Jim B on 08/29/10 14:59 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After many years it was time to downsize from the Grand Caravan. The Caravan was one of my all time favorite vehicles. It had a great ride, an incredible amount of space and terrific power. It was a great road car but alas it was using too much gas. I was a amazed when I first saw the Nox. It's a big car! The comfort level is on a par with the caravan. The leg room is unbelievable (both frond AND rear). I took her for her first trip this weekend and although the ride was busier than the Caravan, it was still nice. My biggest fear, a lack of power with the 4 cyl was unfounded. I got 26.5 MPG with AWD in mixed driving, some of it in heavy NYC traffic. No car is this good. I must be dreaming.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox Suv in VA is:

$86 per month*