2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
great so far and in snow too
By jtny1 on 12/18/10 16:26 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

i had a 2010 subaru legacy which I loved very much, but missed having a suv and being higher up. It was very dependable and got outstanding gas milleage for its size, etc. The cvt transmission was great, pick up good, etc. I got rid of it because of the want for an suv again and it was not as good in snow as old subarus. They blamed the tires, I say if a new car with awd needs better tires then the manufacturer should be ashamed of themself. Don't get me wrong it was ok in snow but not like it should be. Now on to my new equinox. It has been a llittle bull dog in the snow with the awd. So far it has done little to none slipping in the snow, etc. For this I am so very happy up in the north where I like the feel of a sure fitter awd vehicle. So, high ratings for the awd and tires, etc. Nice job gm!. The 4 cly takes a little getting use to, it does whine when pushed but it gets up to speed quicker than you think it is. I notice you feel like its not getting up to speed but then you look at the spped and its at 40 mph quick. The shifting is smooth but between shifts it does like a leg as if engine just died for a half second, but it is something you just have to get use too and it actually is ok when you figure it out. I like keeping it on economy mode it shifts faster than not having it on (so engine whines less) So what I am saying is its nto a race car and engine feels a little diffrent but I am already getting use to it and am thiniing it will be fine. Milleage so far is about 18 mixed dirving which is not good for a 4 banger but it is very cold here and that usually takes down milleage about 4 to 5 mpg. As others have stated there are bling spots but most have them and it is just something you have to adjust to with any new vehicle. The seats are very very comfortable, much more than the subaru. Maybe its the being higher up but I feel they are nice. The electronics and set up are superb. The on star with turn by turn directions is fantastic, so much so I will continure to pay for it after the intrductory offer (some thing else I missed when I had the subaru) I like to have on star its that added saftey feel. They are always nice when I have called and the direction not only talk to you but it displays on the radio or dash board which way to tuen and when-so cool, so advanced!! The information system is awesome fantastic. Tire pressure, mpg, etc. etc. etc. so nice. It also has a compas and outside temp. The standard radio is very nice to me. Sounds nice and the xm radio is wonderful (something subaru did not offer and was 500 plus dollars to have installed into the radio) It is very room inside with nice storage compartments and the middle consel is amazing how deep it goes, it could really fit a small laptop. The heat is very hot and heats up quick I have not put it past 2 setting yet and its been 20 degrees of less here. Like the remote start, and wanted heated seats but was not avaialbe on the 1 lt. Funny thoughI dont miss it yet (sure i would like it) but the seats just feel warmer than the subaru so its ok so far. The seating position is nice and easy to get set up to your liking. Now if it is reliable and good I wil lgive it a 9.5 out of 10. Really wanted to be up high again, got that, wanted good in snow, got that, wanted nice room in side got that, a decent look, got that, good milleage is to be determined. If I had the choice to get this or the subaru again I would hand down get the equinox, subaru was a nice looking great car but I don't want a sedan and my equinox is doing better int he snow, hope this helps some readers

2011 Equinox Update
By vwalburn on 12/18/10 05:18 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We've owned our Equinox for about 4 months now and have 4000 miles on it. The longer we own it, the more we like it. We test drove many other vehicles but just kept coming back to the style, room and comfort of the Chevy. We're big Honda fans so the CR-V was the leading candidate going in but did not compare well at all to the Chevy in style, room, interior features or design. The Honda seemed very cheaply built compared to the Equinox. Everyone should at least give the Equinox a good look while shopping for their next crossover. features and design many other vehicles and just kept coming back to the style, room and comfort of the Chevy

Great buy, no regrets, go for it! BEST small SUV
By purdue_flunkie on 12/17/10 12:58 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Amazing car, handles much better than CRV, especially on a highway. Very quite and smooth, comfortable ride. Gas mileage is also great, as advertised. Electronics and dash board instrumentation is light years ahead of any other compact SUV. Interior is well designed and does not feel cheap unlike Nissan Rogue and Subaru Forester which both. Options packages are well thought of and not a rip off like with Hondas etc. GM included all the basic convenience into basic models and did not make 1 or 2 desperately wanted option available on premium trim levels only. I got exactly what I need without paying for extra stuff which I dont. Dont think any further, Equinox is not perfect but the best!

Great ride and value
By rawn123 on 12/13/10 15:55 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought new LT1, 4 cyl model two weeks ago. Much smoother and quieter than all other small SUVs I tested (Kia, Hyundai, Honda, Toyota). I was looking for a nice, small AWD with modern features. The 2011 Equinox provided this and much more. quiet ride, features and value.

Excellent buy
By Anonymous on 12/07/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am so happy with my choice, I test drove similar crossover vehicles such as honda,kia,hyndai,nissan, ford escape, ford edge and they could not touch the quality,smooth quiet ride of the equinox. I took my time in shopping for 2 months. I Love Love the mileage I'm getting, great execeration. I feel like I'm riding in a luxury car instead of a suv. I get mucho compliments all the time on it's exterior style and looks. I got silver metalic exterior with all black interior and 18" polished alum wheels.

not happy
By sonny on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

its a gas saver but we had the equinox for at least 3 months. The headliner sagged then the transmission is out for the 1st time. Now we got the equinox back from the shop it took 2 weeks for us to get it back, no more then 5 hours later back to square 1 with the transmission.

Bye bye CR-V.
By Kadi D on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was hesitant about going American but I'm so glad I did. At first I test drove the Acura rdx, Ford escape & edge, I looked at the hyundi (but couldn't make myself drive it, just looked to cheap) than. I drove the Chevy. Love at first drive. The car is smooth, quiet & looks are impressive. My biggest complaints on the Honda were road noise & overall feel, it started to feel clunky after awhile, so the Chevy was a welcomed change. It also has features the other cant touch. Like when I saw a fire, I hit onstar & was able to ask them where it was in proximity to my location & my home. The rep was able to get me around all the drama & made me feel much better to know it wasn't my complex

Great SUV
By Sue on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought the Equinox just over a week ago after trading in our 2006 Equinox. The upgrades from the older model are great! I love everything about this SUV, from the upgraded interior to the updated exterior. This thing looks sleek, rides nice and is great on gas. I love the XM radio and onstar system. We are looking forward to adding another one to our driveway! I wouldn't buy anything else!

2011 Equinox 2LT V6 awd
By cypress on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Love the features and drive of the new equinox; very nice leather seats; very comfortable ride. blue light interior lighting nice.

Everything I hoped for
By JH on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After many hours of research on different small SUVs, we chose the 2011 Equinox. We've had the Nox a little over a month and it's everything I hoped it would be. Mocha Steel/Brownstone Leather is a great combo. Build quality is better than I expected. Once I understood that this SUV is not a Corvette, I don't mind if it's slow off the line. I don't mind the Gas filler is on the right side, same as my wife's BMW. I don't mind the door lock switch is on the dash, same as the BMW. I've not taken it on a long highway drive yet but so far I've gotten 27.9 in mixed driving.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox Suv in VA is:

$86 per month*