2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews 11

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Great but Disappointing MPG
By brucebolen on 02/11/11 19:05 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Great looks, quality interior, comfortable and quiet ride, adequate power. Sound system and use of switchgear totally OK. Great back seat room. Build quality seems solid except chrome door trim along windows. LTZ has great features but lacks homelink. Memory on drivers seat needs more automation (button has to be held down while it moves, easy to hit the wrong button). Gas mileage not anywhere near advertised and 600 mile range is a total joke. Best case with soft, steady pedal is 29 highway at 55 mph, have really tried hard to get more by coasting, no hard passing, easy acceleration. Gas tank can take 2 more gallons after (legal) auto cutoff (we can't fill our own cars in Oregon)

Love this car
By djmullins56 on 02/02/11 12:07 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We love this car!! Gas mileage misrepresented but still a great car - The more we drive the car the more we love it. We previously owned 2008 Equinox - a great car - traded in for a newer model. Very comfortable, alot of storage, can not say enough good about this car.

2011 4 AWD Equinox MPG TERRIBLE FALSE ADVERTISING
By midilink on 02/02/11 06:59 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I'm 60 years old. I've been around and have worked on cars ALL my life. I presently collect and restore my own muscle cars, have about 40. I bought this Equinox hoping to get at least NEAR the advertised MPG which is does not. I've yet to get 22 MPG. I phoned GM and was told to give it 3500-5000 miles and mileage should increase. I understand the computer controls the break in period and this are supposed to improve, but at 3800 miles so far they have not. I don't want any suggestions or reasons, I know them all, believe me. I'm going to take a loss and get rid of this car and get something else this week. I would be willing to start a class action law suit if there are any attorneys reading

2011 Equinox has horrible mpg!
By kaczara13 on 01/31/11 06:49 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I'm in Michigan, drive 38 miles each way to work, 28 hwy. I had a Subaru Outback AWD and would get 24 in winter and 27 in summer. rural roads the other 10 miles. I bought this car with FWD to get better mileage, in Oct, 2010. The mpg is ridiculous! I was getting 24.4-.7 in fall, now that I've lowered speed "Under" 70 mph I can get 25, oh boy! I am fighting with GM to return it. This mpg is false advertising. daughters' Honda CRV w/AWD gets 27 hwy! It's not right to falsify the testing. They told me (GM employees) that the "Fed's" ok'd the testing in "controlled"environment and 48 is " ave. hwy speed". Heater is also poor in under 20 deg. and Horrible blind spot passenger side!

Loving this Car!
By bev73 on 01/22/11 05:11 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had this Equinox for 3 weeks now and I love it more each day! So fun to drive and I feel so safe in this bad weather we've been having.

UPSET and discouraged in MD
By madinmd on 01/19/11 17:27 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Traded my 2007 Equinox model in for a 2011 LT1 two days ago (1/17). Drove the vehicle home w/ 63 miles. Drove to work the next a.m. and the check engine light came on 10 miles into my trip. Called onstar for diagnostics; found emmisions sensor problem and called the dealer, Adams Chevrolet, HdG, MD. Took the vehicle into the dealer and after waiting two hours i was told the emission sensor wire was stretched, they had to order a part. Drove a rental home. Called the dealer this evening, still not fixed; service told me GM shipped the wrong part. Spoke with Store Mngr who told me a different story. I AM VERY UPSET. MY opinion: "Stay away from Adams Chevrolet, Hdg, MD and 2011 Equinox."

Extremely pleased - great for tall drivers
By ljski on 01/13/11 12:16 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Only 350 mi. on it so far. An excellent choice if you put high priority on fuel economy, a comfortable & quiet ride, comfortable seats, leg room, the capacity versatililty of SUV. It's a great highway cruiser offering one of the most pleasing & serene rides I've experienced in a vehicle of this price. It's relatively heavy which, along w/ its high waistline translates into a solid secure feeling. But it won't wow you with its pep or its cornering (which are still certainly acceptable) Great front & rear seat room for 6'4" guy; headroom is good even w/ a sunroof. I chose it over RAV4, CRV, Venza and Sorrento. Seems good value if you can get at invoice w/ 0% finance and $1500 cash bac

A Truly Great Car!
By elderkin on 01/06/11 07:48 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Having owned 2 Toyota Highlander's and a RAV 4 I was in the process on dealing for a 2009 Highlander lease back. I was ready to close the deal but my wife kept asking me to look at the Equinox. A friend of hers had one and my wife was really impressed. Well, I gave in and put the Highlander on hold and went to look at the Equinox. I honestly found it hard to believe that the Equinox was so great. I cancelled the Highlander and bought the Equinox. Every day I find that I am more satisfied with it. I honestly cannot complain about a thing. I am sure there are going to be some out there that are going question my decision but all I can say is that I am really glad I bought the Equinox.

Best purchase I ever made
By tmccann11 on 01/06/11 05:02 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I did a lot of research before finally pulling the trigger and I couldn't be happier with my Equinox. Coming from an Accord that was baby for the past 5 years, it was a bit of a change but in a good way. While it takes some time to get used to the size difference, the Nox runs like a dream. The interior is roomy and stylish. It doesn't have the cheap feel like the Rogue that I test drove and has more curves than the CR-V. The pickup on the V4 takes some getting used to coming from a manual trans, but after 500 miles, I got it down. Rearview parking assist is a great feature as is the all wheel drive. Couple that with getting a 2LT for 2000 less than the TMV and I'm in heaven.

32 MPG ??
By parfa on 12/30/10 16:13 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

What can I say? It's a great car but I can't understand how it can be rated 22- 32 MPG?? I've yet to average 22 MPG on a 200mi road trip not to mention in town. I feel duped!!!