2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Love this car
By djmullins56 on 02/02/11 12:07 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We love this car!! Gas mileage misrepresented but still a great car - The more we drive the car the more we love it. We previously owned 2008 Equinox - a great car - traded in for a newer model. Very comfortable, alot of storage, can not say enough good about this car.

2011 4 AWD Equinox MPG TERRIBLE FALSE ADVERTISING
By midilink on 02/02/11 06:59 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I'm 60 years old. I've been around and have worked on cars ALL my life. I presently collect and restore my own muscle cars, have about 40. I bought this Equinox hoping to get at least NEAR the advertised MPG which is does not. I've yet to get 22 MPG. I phoned GM and was told to give it 3500-5000 miles and mileage should increase. I understand the computer controls the break in period and this are supposed to improve, but at 3800 miles so far they have not. I don't want any suggestions or reasons, I know them all, believe me. I'm going to take a loss and get rid of this car and get something else this week. I would be willing to start a class action law suit if there are any attorneys reading

2011 Equinox has horrible mpg!
By kaczara13 on 01/31/11 06:49 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I'm in Michigan, drive 38 miles each way to work, 28 hwy. I had a Subaru Outback AWD and would get 24 in winter and 27 in summer. rural roads the other 10 miles. I bought this car with FWD to get better mileage, in Oct, 2010. The mpg is ridiculous! I was getting 24.4-.7 in fall, now that I've lowered speed "Under" 70 mph I can get 25, oh boy! I am fighting with GM to return it. This mpg is false advertising. daughters' Honda CRV w/AWD gets 27 hwy! It's not right to falsify the testing. They told me (GM employees) that the "Fed's" ok'd the testing in "controlled"environment and 48 is " ave. hwy speed". Heater is also poor in under 20 deg. and Horrible blind spot passenger side!

Loving this Car!
By bev73 on 01/22/11 05:11 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had this Equinox for 3 weeks now and I love it more each day! So fun to drive and I feel so safe in this bad weather we've been having.

UPSET and discouraged in MD
By madinmd on 01/19/11 17:27 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Traded my 2007 Equinox model in for a 2011 LT1 two days ago (1/17). Drove the vehicle home w/ 63 miles. Drove to work the next a.m. and the check engine light came on 10 miles into my trip. Called onstar for diagnostics; found emmisions sensor problem and called the dealer, Adams Chevrolet, HdG, MD. Took the vehicle into the dealer and after waiting two hours i was told the emission sensor wire was stretched, they had to order a part. Drove a rental home. Called the dealer this evening, still not fixed; service told me GM shipped the wrong part. Spoke with Store Mngr who told me a different story. I AM VERY UPSET. MY opinion: "Stay away from Adams Chevrolet, Hdg, MD and 2011 Equinox."

Extremely pleased - great for tall drivers
By ljski on 01/13/11 12:16 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Only 350 mi. on it so far. An excellent choice if you put high priority on fuel economy, a comfortable & quiet ride, comfortable seats, leg room, the capacity versatililty of SUV. It's a great highway cruiser offering one of the most pleasing & serene rides I've experienced in a vehicle of this price. It's relatively heavy which, along w/ its high waistline translates into a solid secure feeling. But it won't wow you with its pep or its cornering (which are still certainly acceptable) Great front & rear seat room for 6'4" guy; headroom is good even w/ a sunroof. I chose it over RAV4, CRV, Venza and Sorrento. Seems good value if you can get at invoice w/ 0% finance and $1500 cash bac

A Truly Great Car!
By elderkin on 01/06/11 07:48 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Having owned 2 Toyota Highlander's and a RAV 4 I was in the process on dealing for a 2009 Highlander lease back. I was ready to close the deal but my wife kept asking me to look at the Equinox. A friend of hers had one and my wife was really impressed. Well, I gave in and put the Highlander on hold and went to look at the Equinox. I honestly found it hard to believe that the Equinox was so great. I cancelled the Highlander and bought the Equinox. Every day I find that I am more satisfied with it. I honestly cannot complain about a thing. I am sure there are going to be some out there that are going question my decision but all I can say is that I am really glad I bought the Equinox.

Best purchase I ever made
By tmccann11 on 01/06/11 05:02 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I did a lot of research before finally pulling the trigger and I couldn't be happier with my Equinox. Coming from an Accord that was baby for the past 5 years, it was a bit of a change but in a good way. While it takes some time to get used to the size difference, the Nox runs like a dream. The interior is roomy and stylish. It doesn't have the cheap feel like the Rogue that I test drove and has more curves than the CR-V. The pickup on the V4 takes some getting used to coming from a manual trans, but after 500 miles, I got it down. Rearview parking assist is a great feature as is the all wheel drive. Couple that with getting a 2LT for 2000 less than the TMV and I'm in heaven.

32 MPG ??
By parfa on 12/30/10 16:13 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

What can I say? It's a great car but I can't understand how it can be rated 22- 32 MPG?? I've yet to average 22 MPG on a 200mi road trip not to mention in town. I feel duped!!!

Gas mileage
By joe320 on 12/28/10 14:23 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Overall am pretty happy with my Equinox. Although I am very disappointed in the gas mileage.... the best I have seen is 26mpg under interstate conditions. I have owned 3 Chevy v6s that have gotten better than that on the hwy...the one I traded for this vehicle was a Venture Minivan. and it got better than 28mpg under the same conditions..... I was hestitant to buy the 4 cylinder but did so because of the advertised mileage..... Consequently disappointed ...would have bought a 6 cylinder had I known!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox Suv in VA is:

$86 per month*