2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews 10

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Love this car!
By kennept on 03/12/11 14:44 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a 2011 Equinox 2LT AWD 4 cylinder in Oct 2010 to replace a 2004 Tahoe Z71. Yes, quite a difference but I was so surprised at the interior space. There is actually more legroom in the backseat than the Tahoe. Took some getting used to a 4cyl vs the 8cyl I had been driving. Definately not the car to use to make a fast getaway. My only disappointment is the MPG. I was told that I would get 23 city/29 highway. Wrong! 18 city/23highway. Better MPG than the Tahoe, but still not what I was looking for. The ECO button really made no difference, so I've stopped using it.

Love my Equinox
By jingles99 on 03/12/11 10:47 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Can honestly say this is one of the best vehicles I have owned. Besides getting a great deal when I bought this in December 2010. The ride is very comfortable. Being 6'3", I have no problem with leg room when driving. And with gas prices now, I am glad I stuck with the 4 cylinder, even though it can be lethargic at times. I am getting about 22 mph around town. Not getting the 32 on the highway, though my highway speeds are usually about 70. On the highway I average about 27, still not too bad. Would buy another one, great value for what you get. Gold mist in color, sharp looking.

Fuel Pump -- Bad MPG
By uncles on 03/07/11 16:23 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased in December, 2010. At 3,500 miles, the fuel pump went out putting fuel into the oil. Currently waiting for the repair. Because this is a new vehicle, the pump will not arrive at dealership for 3 to 5 days to be completed. Never got over 21 mpg even though it said we should have 32 mpg.

We've been happier
By mas29 on 03/07/11 10:29 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought a 2011 Equinox in Dec 2010. We have, sadly, had nothing but trouble with it. In addition to the fabric headliner pulling out over the window, it often will not start. We got stranded in Topeka, KS when the Body Control Module went out and had to use a loaner for the rest of our trip from Colorado to South Carolina. We drove back to Colorado and again it wouldn't start. The dealer can not find anything wrong with it. Chevy central has given me a customer service rep that reads from a script so my request for exchanging this for a new vehicle is falling on deaf ears. I'd like to feel assured that my new car will start every time. But, I don't. I remind myself I have a new car

Why I would purchase Equinox...
By chevyequinox1 on 03/07/11 10:14 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I usually don't write reviews on the websites; however, for the Chevy Equinox-I WILL! Chevy Equinox vs GMC Terrain (side note: thousand or more for the same features on the Equinox, the basic GMC Terrain cost about the same as the LT1 Equinox with extra features) First, MPGs is the common talk on the website; 32 MPGs (not a lie-it is possible driving 50 mph to 60 mph with ECO and RPMS under 2). Side note with the ECO button; keep ECO off when driving in stop and go traffic. Set ECO on when driving at steady speed 55 MPH for miles! Never turn on ECO while trying to reach desired speed... I got 28 MPGs on Highway, 24 City/Highway, and 19 city driving only (1,500 miles on NOX)

Poor Gas Mileage
By farmerb8 on 03/03/11 13:43 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the Equinox because of its reviews here at Edmunds. I bought the 4 cylinder version with just front wheel drive so that I could get the best fuel economy that the Equinox offers. I just took it on its first long trip, from Ohio to Florida. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. The advertised 32 mpg in reality was 23 mpg. How can the car companies advertise 32 and in reality it is 23? I can see 2-3 mpg differences due to driving habits but how can it be 9 mpg different? My 2005 Impala got 32mpg on the same trip. My 2007 Impala got 26mpg. Now my Equinox gets 23mpg. The Equinox is great in all other aspects.

poor MPG
By tjeffrey1 on 02/28/11 09:42 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

NOT 32 MPG. at best with the wind at our back we got 29 mpg. not impressed at all. i put 500 miles on mine and have had it four days. my average is about 24 mpg, if i would have know that i prob would not have bought it.

6 cylinder AWD 2LT
By 1307ztluts on 02/19/11 20:52 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I love my new Nox, only had it for 5 weeks and put about 1000 miles on but has been wonderful during the winter months with all the snow we have had here in Iowa. I have never had an AWD before and it has a different feel to it then the FWD and of course lower GPM but so far has been worth it. Love the quality of the interior. My last vehicle was a Mazda CX7 and that thing was definitely lacking in quality! Also love the bluetooth feature in the car with my phone, I always missed cell phone calls when I was driving because I had my radio too loud, now it just cuts out the radio when it rings and I don't have to dig for it in my purse!

High Mileage is a Farce!!!
By jdk14 on 02/18/11 16:15 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I love my new Equinox, but am very very disappointed in the "so-called" 31mpg. I opted for the 4-cylinder engine and FWD instead of AWD to extend my wallet at the gas pump. Turns out I now receive MUCH less gas mileage than I did in my previous car which was an Impala with a 6-cylinder engine. If I knew then what I know now, my trade would NOT have been the same. After reading all of the suckers online who join me with the same problem, I believe it's time that GM pays up! I won't give up till they give me an answer and solution to my new gas hog.

poor gas mileage
By sonnyh777 on 02/13/11 12:37 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am very disappointed with the gas mileage. I took a trip to Florida on straight flat roads and could only get 23 mpg. It had 4800 miles when I took the trip. I am used to getting 32/34 mpg on my 2006 Impala and it was a 6 cyl. The only reason I selected the Equinox was for the advertised great gas mileage. We had planned on taking a road trip around the country, however, with this mileage we will have to cancel. I wish I had kept my Impala!!