2011 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
We've been happier
By mas29 on 03/07/11 10:29 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought a 2011 Equinox in Dec 2010. We have, sadly, had nothing but trouble with it. In addition to the fabric headliner pulling out over the window, it often will not start. We got stranded in Topeka, KS when the Body Control Module went out and had to use a loaner for the rest of our trip from Colorado to South Carolina. We drove back to Colorado and again it wouldn't start. The dealer can not find anything wrong with it. Chevy central has given me a customer service rep that reads from a script so my request for exchanging this for a new vehicle is falling on deaf ears. I'd like to feel assured that my new car will start every time. But, I don't. I remind myself I have a new car

Why I would purchase Equinox...
By chevyequinox1 on 03/07/11 10:14 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I usually don't write reviews on the websites; however, for the Chevy Equinox-I WILL! Chevy Equinox vs GMC Terrain (side note: thousand or more for the same features on the Equinox, the basic GMC Terrain cost about the same as the LT1 Equinox with extra features) First, MPGs is the common talk on the website; 32 MPGs (not a lie-it is possible driving 50 mph to 60 mph with ECO and RPMS under 2). Side note with the ECO button; keep ECO off when driving in stop and go traffic. Set ECO on when driving at steady speed 55 MPH for miles! Never turn on ECO while trying to reach desired speed... I got 28 MPGs on Highway, 24 City/Highway, and 19 city driving only (1,500 miles on NOX)

Poor Gas Mileage
By farmerb8 on 03/03/11 13:43 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the Equinox because of its reviews here at Edmunds. I bought the 4 cylinder version with just front wheel drive so that I could get the best fuel economy that the Equinox offers. I just took it on its first long trip, from Ohio to Florida. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. The advertised 32 mpg in reality was 23 mpg. How can the car companies advertise 32 and in reality it is 23? I can see 2-3 mpg differences due to driving habits but how can it be 9 mpg different? My 2005 Impala got 32mpg on the same trip. My 2007 Impala got 26mpg. Now my Equinox gets 23mpg. The Equinox is great in all other aspects.

poor MPG
By tjeffrey1 on 02/28/11 09:42 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

NOT 32 MPG. at best with the wind at our back we got 29 mpg. not impressed at all. i put 500 miles on mine and have had it four days. my average is about 24 mpg, if i would have know that i prob would not have bought it.

6 cylinder AWD 2LT
By 1307ztluts on 02/19/11 20:52 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I love my new Nox, only had it for 5 weeks and put about 1000 miles on but has been wonderful during the winter months with all the snow we have had here in Iowa. I have never had an AWD before and it has a different feel to it then the FWD and of course lower GPM but so far has been worth it. Love the quality of the interior. My last vehicle was a Mazda CX7 and that thing was definitely lacking in quality! Also love the bluetooth feature in the car with my phone, I always missed cell phone calls when I was driving because I had my radio too loud, now it just cuts out the radio when it rings and I don't have to dig for it in my purse!

High Mileage is a Farce!!!
By jdk14 on 02/18/11 16:15 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I love my new Equinox, but am very very disappointed in the "so-called" 31mpg. I opted for the 4-cylinder engine and FWD instead of AWD to extend my wallet at the gas pump. Turns out I now receive MUCH less gas mileage than I did in my previous car which was an Impala with a 6-cylinder engine. If I knew then what I know now, my trade would NOT have been the same. After reading all of the suckers online who join me with the same problem, I believe it's time that GM pays up! I won't give up till they give me an answer and solution to my new gas hog.

poor gas mileage
By sonnyh777 on 02/13/11 12:37 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am very disappointed with the gas mileage. I took a trip to Florida on straight flat roads and could only get 23 mpg. It had 4800 miles when I took the trip. I am used to getting 32/34 mpg on my 2006 Impala and it was a 6 cyl. The only reason I selected the Equinox was for the advertised great gas mileage. We had planned on taking a road trip around the country, however, with this mileage we will have to cancel. I wish I had kept my Impala!!

Great but Disappointing MPG
By brucebolen on 02/11/11 19:05 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Great looks, quality interior, comfortable and quiet ride, adequate power. Sound system and use of switchgear totally OK. Great back seat room. Build quality seems solid except chrome door trim along windows. LTZ has great features but lacks homelink. Memory on drivers seat needs more automation (button has to be held down while it moves, easy to hit the wrong button). Gas mileage not anywhere near advertised and 600 mile range is a total joke. Best case with soft, steady pedal is 29 highway at 55 mph, have really tried hard to get more by coasting, no hard passing, easy acceleration. Gas tank can take 2 more gallons after (legal) auto cutoff (we can't fill our own cars in Oregon)

Love this car
By djmullins56 on 02/02/11 12:07 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We love this car!! Gas mileage misrepresented but still a great car - The more we drive the car the more we love it. We previously owned 2008 Equinox - a great car - traded in for a newer model. Very comfortable, alot of storage, can not say enough good about this car.

2011 4 AWD Equinox MPG TERRIBLE FALSE ADVERTISING
By midilink on 02/02/11 06:59 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I'm 60 years old. I've been around and have worked on cars ALL my life. I presently collect and restore my own muscle cars, have about 40. I bought this Equinox hoping to get at least NEAR the advertised MPG which is does not. I've yet to get 22 MPG. I phoned GM and was told to give it 3500-5000 miles and mileage should increase. I understand the computer controls the break in period and this are supposed to improve, but at 3800 miles so far they have not. I don't want any suggestions or reasons, I know them all, believe me. I'm going to take a loss and get rid of this car and get something else this week. I would be willing to start a class action law suit if there are any attorneys reading

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox in VA is:

$86 per month*