Used 2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ SUV Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Rust bucket to be
By Ty F

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Test drove several Equinox-s. MOST suffered metal pitting rust through the lower door panels and wheel wells. Some rust is to be expected in this Chicagoland climate but such extensive rust on 5yr old cars is a serious concern. I didn't find a single one with no rust even if the rest of the vehicle was immaculate.

Run as far away from these vehicles as you can!
By Carlos

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased our vehicle, 2011 LTZ 4 cylinder with navigation and rear dvd player, brand new. Now 4 years later it is on its 3rd transmission and has been at the dealership more times than I can count. The navigation unit would reset to Washington DC as a starting point whenever we tried to located an address and the clock hardly ever worked. The dealer tried doing a software reset and ended up replacing the unit when it was 1 year old. When it happened the 2nd time they said the unit was out of warranty so we had to deal with it. The fuel efficiency is a joke. GM stated this vehicle at 32 mpg and we average 21 on mixed city driving. Our warranty is almost up and we're already looking to trade this in.

Poor investment
By teddy21

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

As far as the ride quillity, it was a great hwy car , fit and trim great, room was also good.
But when a car
company developes
A car company you think they would test this engine for problems, leaks, burning oil, ruff idle and so on.

2011 Equinox 6 cylnder
By vlies

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was very unhappy to bring my car in, it showed on the car computer that it back fired on all cylinders by they were not able to determine why. Why have the computer code if it doesn't tell you the reason. This is the second time this Equinox has been in for problems with similar issues in the last year, it only has 24,000 miles on it. If this coninues, it will likely be the last GM vehicle that I buy again, and it has 20 years since I purchased an american company car. It makes me sad to give up on the American Auto industry. They should have simply tried some things such as new spark plugs, fuel flush, retiminig the car, whatever. I felt that would have been at least some action. The prop

MPG not like advertised
By selenalockwood

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I got the load down LTZ with the DVD and Nav.
I love all the features!
My only complain is the horrible gas mileage.
I drive both city and hwy daily and I average 21.5 MPG.
That is not even what they advertise for city and no where close to the 32 Hwy.
I was hoping to average about 28 since thats what I averaged with my old Lexus with similar specs.
I was told to let the engine get broke in first before I said anything but Im at 11,500 miles and it never got better.
Other than that its a great car!

Hard drive, DVD player with headphones, auto lift truck

Better gas mileage and there are to many buttons.