Used 2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 SUV Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

GREAT CAR
By Robert Knasinski

DRIVE IT

LOVE IT!
By Brittany

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my Equinox used from my local dealer. I went from a 2013 Malibu, to the 2011 equinox and I couldn't be more pleased. This car is perfect for me especially since I have a child in a car seat. Easily fits 3 car seats on the back seat. NO problems at all. First owner took very great care of the care and kept maintenance up as well. It does get expected gas mileage 30+ hwy and roughly 23+ city. Not to mention the DVD system works flawlessly and my baby loves it! I've seen the bad reviews on these cars so I guess every car is different bc so far I haven't had a problem out of mine!

A Very Questionable Investment
By erthfriend

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was surprised seeing that this car rated 4 out of 5 stars. The gas mileage was supposed to be 32, but we never got better than 23 mpg. Even allowing for the AWD, we expected upper 20s. There was always a rattling coming from the engine that sounded like pins and needles shaking in a tin can. At 60K, I took it in for an oil change and the dealer could find no oil on the stick at all. No oil pressure guage. No warning light. At 80K, the oil use was only worsening. The dealer said it warranted a ring job. Since the warranty was expiring at 100K, we traded it in on a Prius V, taking a $6K hit. The GM people are some of the best. Too bad this is a crappy car.

The cabin and the ride are the best parts of the Equinox experience. You can see videos on You Tube showing the interior. It's almost like a space ship. Ours had a sunroof that we almost never used, and bluetooth that we used all the time. The interior is very similar to the Chevy Cruze, on a much larger scale.

I think it all comes down to two words: Quality Control. Whether the fault lies in the engineering(I am guessing it does since our complaints seem fairly well represented in these comments), or the manufacture, someone needs to control quality at GM. A pretty car with a comfortable ride should be a bonus, not a saving grace.

BUMMER, WE TRADED THE EXPLORER FOR THIS?
By billg10

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After 1.75 years and 28,000 miles.

Mileage: With cruise control set and "Eco" on, car averages 24.5 @ 75, 25.5 @ 70, 26.8 @ 62.
Local driving about 21.
Respectable, but a far cry from the advertised 32 Hwy.

Performance: What a Slug! From 45 up, it can't get out of its own way.

Handling/ride/brakes are good. Very roomy interior, reasonably comfortable. Exceptional back seat leg room.
Lots of road noise at highway speeds.
Driving controls are okay, but the big Heat/AC/Radio central display is confusing.

We traded a nice '06 Explorer with leather for this, based largely on the advertised mileage.
I'd rather have the Ford back than the extra 4 mpg we actually got, it was twice the car

I don't like this car much. It's not terrible and my wife is happier with it than I am, but I wouldn't buy another one. That said; It has been dependable, with no problems at all so far. Fit and finish are very good, although a little plain looking inside. Interior use of space is excellent. The driver seating position is a bit odd but seems to work, even after 12 hour trips. Styling is distinctive. My kids say it looks like an angry bug from the front.

Stop lying about the mileage. The car gets 26 or 27, just like its competitors. Admit it. More sound insulation in the floor and doors. Get the USB & Aux inputs out of the console storage bin and onto the dash where they belong. HUGE blind spots behind the front pillars. Slim them down somehow.

Wish I had not bout it. MPG is a joke
By mtitus

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought a new 2011 LT2 for my wife. She loves the looks and it is comfortable and relatively fun to drive. Only relaibility problem in the first 9000 miles was a squeak in the headliner, which the dealer fixed. Main complaint is horrible mpg as compared to GM's advertised 32 mpg highway. Just got back from a Kansas City to Denver trip. Used the eco button and cruise and got 24 mpg. If you want higher mpg, I would suggest the subaru outback. Wish I had that instead.

MPG is pathetic compared to adversited 32 mpg.