2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
BAD BAD Choice in a vehicle..
By redding63 on 12/31/13 08:58 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Where do I start... first of all I owned the vehicle for 5 days to have it taken in to the dealership for costly repairs! Yes my warranty covered it but still, I had to have the water pump,fuel pump and timing chain all replaced! Then a month later the check engine light comes on so I called On Star to have them diagnose the issue,come to find out its misfiring.AND we smell gas in the oil AND our remote start wont work because of the check engine light that's on.The dealership has us waiting a week to bring it in. Not only is that bad business ,but to find out they may or may not give us a rental car to drive. Do I feel safe in this vehicle? NO absolutely NOT!

Where do I go from here?
By meshellyvette on 09/30/13 13:14 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am reading the many reviews about the 2011 Chevy Equinox and surprised on how many people are experiencing what I am. I do not feel safe in this vehicle and cannot get the problems fixed. I have brought it in four times for the same problems and each time the story is the same-they can't replicate the problems. It idles rough, runs rough has poor acceleration and hiccups when driving. The gas mileage is not good and every time I go to get the oil changed it is on the low side. I haven't experienced an actual full-on stalling but it sure feels like it is going to and some people have experienced that. I have felt nervous pulling out into traffic as of late worried it will stall. I am stuck

Good value for the money
By azdriver1946 on 08/31/13 12:29 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the 2011 Equinox in Nov 2010. It now has over 35k miles on the odo. Only problems noted so far: needed to replace left rear turn sig light bulb, right rear speaker rattled. Gas milage (in Ariz at mostly 70 plus on highway): in town 22, on highway 29. Granted it's not the 32mpg noted by EPA, but it's fine for over 70mph. No rattles, drives mostly OK, but acceleration from start a bit lame at times. Glad I bought the car. No issues with blind spots.

Where is the fuel economy SUV?
By tlp1968 on 02/15/13 21:35 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2011 Equinox very mildly used in 2012. It has 20,000 miles on it and I think I see why someone traded it. The best gas mileage I have ever had with the car in eco, out of eco, with a light foot, with a lead foot is 23 mpg. My previous car was a Pontiac Montana which was getting almost identical mileage with a V6 and 3 more passenger seats. I love the body style of this car and the blue tooth, XM and backup camera but I have taken it back to the dealer twice already. Once for an air bag error and once for a check engine light. I purchased the extra warranty and boy am I glad I did. I sure would have looked at other brands had I known the gas mileage would be so bad.

This vehicle has no power
By angrychevy on 11/30/12 18:57 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Been in the shop 2 times and is not recommended. It has no power and now the worst part is that the dealer cannot fix my issue. Day 5 and I'm still waiting. They are not even sure how to fix it. It is a 2011 so how can they not know how to fix and program a BCM???? WOW GM! GOOD JOB, I WILL NOT BE RECOMMENDING YOU TO OTHERS!

Disappointing City MPG, Good Highway
By mallit38 on 06/22/12 10:10 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Despite people complaining about MPG, I bought my Equinox about 6 weeks ago. My city mileage has been significantly below the 22 MPG EPA rating, but surprisingly, I did get 32 MPG on a long road trip with a fully loaded vehicle. So far, I have enjoyed driving my Equinox, having upgraded from an 09 Pontiac Torrent. The vents don't blow right on me, but the A/C is capable and delivers very cold air. I'm not super tall, but if it weren't for the steering wheel controls, I would have a heck of a time operating the radio. Beware, the driver's side has a bad blind spot, but having the same issue with my Torrent, I am used to it. Use your mirrors and look over your shoulder and it'll be fine.

Poor gas mileage
By darlenem on 03/11/12 20:39 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 Equinox new on January 1st. 2011. I have approx. 13,000 miles on it. I like almost everything about the vehicle except the gas mileage. I researched SUV's for several months before deciding on this one. My main buying point was that it had to have good gas mileage. This one said it had 27/32. I am lucky to get 26, and that is on the highway driving on a flat road with nothing but myself in the car. I've checked the mileage every time I fill it up; it's never gotten better than 26. I was told it would get better mileage after I had my first oil change. This is a lie on Chevy's part. I wouldn't have bought the car if I'd known that was the absolute best it would ever get.

Lots of features, disappointing MPG
By angieb25 on 01/10/12 09:13 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my Equinox for about a year now and have had no problems. It drives smooth. It's roomy. I like how the back seat slides back and forth, so you can add room where you need it. I like how the sunroof slides AND tilts. I really like having a USB port. It makes it so easy to listen to my music. The rearview camera is very helpful, and almost neccesary. The stereo sounds good too, but you may have to adjust it to your liking. I like the fact that I was able to go 8,000 miles before I needed an oil change. And even though I don't have AWD, it handles the snow and ice well.

Love it - LOVE IT - but wait, the check engine light just came on...
By t4r4me on 11/06/11 17:10 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

At 7800 miles I was driving to pick up a Pizza tonight thinking I should write a review on how much I love this Equinox. But on the ride home the check engine light came on and it stalled! I really do love this SUV. The styling and materials are top notch for the price. I love the handling and it is clear there are European underpinnings being used. It is very surefooted. I like the transmission and it makes good use of the 4 cylinder.

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR
By tbarnes1 on 10/17/11 12:36 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am the type of person that usually reads reviews and discards the few out there that may be negative. I plead with you to not disregard this review. I purchased a NEW 2011 chevy equinox back in March and have nothing but problems with it since I drove it off the lot. Have intermitent stalling, engine hesitation when accelerating, and rattle at startup. I've taken it back to the dealer 3 times to resolve the issue (every time leaving with them saying it's fixed). Just had it stall YET AGAIN. I've submitted paperwork for Lemon Law b/c I WANT MY MONEY BACK. Do NOT buy this car if you are looking for a reliable vehicle. Now I have to fight to keep my family safe & get my money back!

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox Suv in VA is:

$118 per month*