Used 2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Never again
By Tonya Singletary

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Where do I begin...... 2011 Equinox brought brand new. I'm a commuter so I must keep up maintenance, get oil changes regularly (not from the dealer). Transmission goes out at 60,000 which took a month to repair. now 70,000 major oil leak which of course cause engine issues. Have bumper to bumper warranty BUT GMC doesn't want to pay, claims issue occurred to not changing oil. Had to produce receipts of proof that I've had oil changes. Once all is said and done trading it in and never going back to Chevrolet.

BAD BAD Choice in a vehicle..
By redding63

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Where do I start... first of all I owned the vehicle for 5 days to have it taken in to the dealership for costly repairs! Yes my warranty covered it but still, I had to have the water pump,fuel pump and timing chain all replaced! Then a month later the check engine light comes on so I called On Star to have them diagnose the issue,come to find out its misfiring.AND we smell gas in the oil AND our remote start wont work because of the check engine light that's on.The dealership has us waiting a week to bring it in. Not only is that bad business ,but to find out they may or may not give us a rental car to drive. Do I feel safe in this vehicle? NO absolutely NOT!

Favorite Features

Its a nice and beautiful vehicle on the outside but under the hood I don't trust it!

Suggested Improvements

GM needs to back their consumers who make them millions of dollars buying their vehicles. Their manufacturing junk and we are being ripped off by GM. I have called GM numerous times on complaints and its a no win situation with them! Im ready to go foreign now and im a diehard stand behind GM products person, but im quickly swaying from ever doing business with GM ever again!

Where do I go from here?
By meshellyvette

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am reading the many reviews about the 2011 Chevy Equinox and surprised on how many people are experiencing what I am. I do not feel safe in this vehicle and cannot get the problems fixed. I have brought it in four times for the same problems and each time the story is the same-they can't replicate the problems. It idles rough, runs rough has poor acceleration and hiccups when driving. The gas mileage is not good and every time I go to get the oil changed it is on the low side. I haven't experienced an actual full-on stalling but it sure feels like it is going to and some people have experienced that. I have felt nervous pulling out into traffic as of late worried it will stall. I am stuck

Favorite Features

Roomy and attractive but not safe!

Suggested Improvements

This car needs to be recalled it is unsafe and GM is aware of it! Does someone have to die before they realize it?

Good value for the money
By azdriver1946

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the 2011 Equinox in Nov 2010. It now has over 35k miles on the odo. Only problems noted so far: needed to replace left rear turn sig light bulb, right rear speaker rattled. Gas milage (in Ariz at mostly 70 plus on highway): in town 22, on highway 29. Granted it's not the 32mpg noted by EPA, but it's fine for over 70mph. No rattles, drives mostly OK, but acceleration from start a bit lame at times. Glad I bought the car. No issues with blind spots.

Favorite Features

Lots of room in back seat (adjustable front/rear), front seats comfortable, split folding back seat.

Suggested Improvements

Move A/C vents further from steering wheel. Have totally flat rear seat when folded down (now a bit of an incline) for those long items.

Where is the fuel economy SUV?
By tlp1968

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2011 Equinox very mildly used in 2012. It has 20,000 miles on it and I think I see why someone traded it. The best gas mileage I have ever had with the car in eco, out of eco, with a light foot, with a lead foot is 23 mpg. My previous car was a Pontiac Montana which was getting almost identical mileage with a V6 and 3 more passenger seats. I love the body style of this car and the blue tooth, XM and backup camera but I have taken it back to the dealer twice already. Once for an air bag error and once for a check engine light. I purchased the extra warranty and boy am I glad I did. I sure would have looked at other brands had I known the gas mileage would be so bad.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, XM, power seat, back up camera, console space, attractive body style, and small car feel.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel Economy, more space in front for female passenger items (namely my purse!), improve blind spot issues, and smoother ride (I know it is an SUV but really? It is not an off road vehicle it could be a bit smoother for passengers)