2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Yet another Problem
By chevystinks on 03/14/13 13:04 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The Equinox I bought brand new in 9/10 has now had 4 major repairs needed. While all covered underwarranty still not what I expected or paid for! Owned 4 GM vehicles before this but will never buy GM again! THeir response...3 free oil changes. Oil changes doesn't fix the inconvienence, danger to my son with car dying while i was driving, or my lack of confidence in a car I paid 20K for. Unaccactablw when you can find these are common issue with this year make and model.

Disappointed
By bigdaddy1959 on 01/12/13 12:33 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Like most people researching this car, I was shocked to see how many bad things were being said. I trusted Chevy and was happy to go with an American made vehicle. I bought my 2011 Equinox in 2010 and had no idea the torubles to come. Within two years, I had trouble with the censor, needed a new timing belt, high-tech water pump, spark plugs, engine needed to be cleaned, and trouble with traction. I could not believe the issues i encountered. It was a waist of time and money. In the end, I decided to go with a different car and lost out on $5,000.00. I wrote a letter to Chevy, hoping my voice would be heard. Lets see if Chevy is able to instill trust once more. Very disappointed.

Air cond vents & actual gas mileage
By rheda on 07/31/12 12:21 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

1) The placement of air conditioner vents on the dash is bad. If you are the driver, both of your vents are positioned where the air only hits your hands & the back of the steering wheel. I did not notice this when I bought the vehicle or I would not have purchased it. If they would have left out the little storage compartment & put the vents closer to the middle of the dash, you could feel the a/c but as it is, your face gets hot and your hands freeze. 2) Most importantly, this car DOES NOT get close to 32 MPH. I've driven it for nearly 2 years now and even on long trips, the best mileage I've ever gotten was 23.5. They need to be more realistic in advertising.

Wont be buying another Chevy product
By powerman6 on 06/12/12 17:08 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This vehicle seemed to be a promising vehicle with plenty of room and a good engine. That is until the first of many problems with the transmission. First the an engine maintenance light comes on and you can not drive over 30 mph. Luckly my wife was close to the dealership to take it in. 3 days later we get the car back, and 30 days later the same problem happens again. The dealership tells us its an unusual problem that has apparently happened to only 1 other owner in the United States. The problem is a switch in the transmission. Driving it in snow or ice conditions are a safety hazzard. Its anti slip transmission cuts your power down so much Dumped this vehicle before it broke down again

2011 Equinox Headache
By tony_deciantis on 06/07/12 17:58 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Almost a year I have had my 2011 equinox and still nothings changed I really regret this vehicle this is the worst GM vehicle Ive ever had. Til this day the fuel ecomony sucks whats so go about this, my 2006 chevy uplander was a v6 and had better fuel economy. I got the equinox for the fuel consumption had I known all of this I would never of got this vehicle. Driving this vehicle is another story now it hesitates almost as if the vehicle was thinking what to do, also lack of power I did my recall nothings really changed. GM must do something about this it is their vehicle but they wont stand behind it Ive driving GM all my life and have been very proud but this might be my last.

Great Suv to Look At
By robgrv on 03/22/12 19:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Engine had lots of power and ran well new till it got about 300 miles and then it started "fishing" GM's words. they replaced cam censors. Then it ran good for awhile and then started again. The more miles I put on it the worse it is getting. GM won't fix

7 payments down & 8 trips to the dealer for repair
By grace_d_jr on 11/23/11 17:14 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Love the car for every day use due to the value and style of the equinox. However, we have had several issues with our chevy. Started with a check engine light with less then 2K on the clock, (3K) loud noises upon start up, (9K) steering wheel felt like it would "lock up" while driving, rough idel, interior parts and molding not fitting/working. Chevy refused to extend warranty nor would they assist with a trade in towards a new Equinox...it says a lot about a product when the mfg will not stand behind it and give an additional 3 yr warranty. As far as the MPG goes...it has been pretty close to the 22MPG listed in town driving.

poor mileage and runs poorly
By robgrv on 11/02/11 20:01 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The car ran great when new, now has 4500 miles on it and it starts to shake/missing when it lugs down in gear. Dealer said nothing was wrong so taking it to another dealer. This morning it made a grinding noise when I started it. Junk

WHAT A JOKE...DO NOT BUY ONE
By sickened3539 on 09/12/11 06:26 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car is probably the worst car I have purchased, and I have purchased some pretty bad cars. At a little over 1,000 miles it decided to randomly stall while driving! The cam shaft actuators have been replaced THREE times and it still doesn't work. The thing sounds like a diesel semi when you turn it on, has replaced the oil pump. And since I purchased it, it has been in the shop SIX times and is currently there again and has been there for over a week and still unable to be repaired. Chevy's customer service is a joke and they refuse to do anything about it except to continue to repair the UNSAFE vehicle. DO NOT BUY ONE!

Digusted with the Equinox
By cmesmile32 on 08/19/11 15:12 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My Equinox just rolled up 3000 miles, it has been in the shop more than it has been on the road. I bought this vehicle for the gas mileage, the window sticker said 32 mpg Hwy, the best I have gotten is 24mpg and I do not drive it hard. I keep getting the excuse from the dealer that there is a lot of ethanol in the gas, so I tried Shell Premium gas and it went to a whopping 26 mpg. The loud start up noise turned into the timing chain being changed, then the cam shaft automaters being changed........needless to say, I have contacted GM and am waiting to see what can be done. This vehicle stalled out on me in traffic and I do not feel safe in it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox Suv in NJ is:

$145 per month*