2011 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Poor investment
By teddy21 on 04/28/14 09:43 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

As far as the ride quillity, it was a great hwy car , fit and trim great, room was also good. But when a car company developes A car company you think they would test this engine for problems, leaks, burning oil, ruff idle and so on.

Vehicle Vibrates at highway speeds over 50 MPH
By navyofficer211 on 03/09/14 21:44 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Overall, I was pleased with the 2011 Equinox LTZ in the winter conditions. I put more highway miles on it than in actual weather conditions. My odometer read 28,000 when I had the first incident of a vibration over 50 mph and the check engine light came on briefly and stayed on for an hour or so. I thought it was the tires, so I had them checked, I had new summer all season tires on, and the tires were fine, and so I had the vehicle checked for mechanical problems, no codes were discovered and the check engine light went off. A week ago my odometer reads 87000 and the same situation occurs with this vibration, the difference is that it occurs at all speeds now, not just highway speeds.

BAD BAD Choice in a vehicle..
By redding63 on 12/31/13 08:58 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Where do I start... first of all I owned the vehicle for 5 days to have it taken in to the dealership for costly repairs! Yes my warranty covered it but still, I had to have the water pump,fuel pump and timing chain all replaced! Then a month later the check engine light comes on so I called On Star to have them diagnose the issue,come to find out its misfiring.AND we smell gas in the oil AND our remote start wont work because of the check engine light that's on.The dealership has us waiting a week to bring it in. Not only is that bad business ,but to find out they may or may not give us a rental car to drive. Do I feel safe in this vehicle? NO absolutely NOT!

Good car to own.
By topg3ar on 12/07/13 23:04 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

i purchased a LT2 2011 Chevy Equinox AWD 4cylander which is 1 step under the v6 a few months ago pre-owned , ive had it for a few months now and have no issue with it , mechanically the vehicle runs perfect , basically fully loaded just not a v6 power , over all its a really great car for new family.

Where do I go from here?
By meshellyvette on 09/30/13 13:14 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am reading the many reviews about the 2011 Chevy Equinox and surprised on how many people are experiencing what I am. I do not feel safe in this vehicle and cannot get the problems fixed. I have brought it in four times for the same problems and each time the story is the same-they can't replicate the problems. It idles rough, runs rough has poor acceleration and hiccups when driving. The gas mileage is not good and every time I go to get the oil changed it is on the low side. I haven't experienced an actual full-on stalling but it sure feels like it is going to and some people have experienced that. I have felt nervous pulling out into traffic as of late worried it will stall. I am stuck

Good value for the money
By azdriver1946 on 08/31/13 12:29 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the 2011 Equinox in Nov 2010. It now has over 35k miles on the odo. Only problems noted so far: needed to replace left rear turn sig light bulb, right rear speaker rattled. Gas milage (in Ariz at mostly 70 plus on highway): in town 22, on highway 29. Granted it's not the 32mpg noted by EPA, but it's fine for over 70mph. No rattles, drives mostly OK, but acceleration from start a bit lame at times. Glad I bought the car. No issues with blind spots.

2011 Equinox 6 cylnder
By vlies on 04/30/13 17:32 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was very unhappy to bring my car in, it showed on the car computer that it back fired on all cylinders by they were not able to determine why. Why have the computer code if it doesn't tell you the reason. This is the second time this Equinox has been in for problems with similar issues in the last year, it only has 24,000 miles on it. If this coninues, it will likely be the last GM vehicle that I buy again, and it has 20 years since I purchased an american company car. It makes me sad to give up on the American Auto industry. They should have simply tried some things such as new spark plugs, fuel flush, retiminig the car, whatever. I felt that would have been at least some action. The prop

Yet another Problem
By chevystinks on 03/14/13 13:04 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The Equinox I bought brand new in 9/10 has now had 4 major repairs needed. While all covered underwarranty still not what I expected or paid for! Owned 4 GM vehicles before this but will never buy GM again! THeir response...3 free oil changes. Oil changes doesn't fix the inconvienence, danger to my son with car dying while i was driving, or my lack of confidence in a car I paid 20K for. Unaccactablw when you can find these are common issue with this year make and model.

Where is the fuel economy SUV?
By tlp1968 on 02/15/13 21:35 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2011 Equinox very mildly used in 2012. It has 20,000 miles on it and I think I see why someone traded it. The best gas mileage I have ever had with the car in eco, out of eco, with a light foot, with a lead foot is 23 mpg. My previous car was a Pontiac Montana which was getting almost identical mileage with a V6 and 3 more passenger seats. I love the body style of this car and the blue tooth, XM and backup camera but I have taken it back to the dealer twice already. Once for an air bag error and once for a check engine light. I purchased the extra warranty and boy am I glad I did. I sure would have looked at other brands had I known the gas mileage would be so bad.

Cold blood car
By mgibby on 02/01/13 18:11 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

In August 2011 I purchased my Equinox with only 145 miles. Fine until Jan 2012 (A nice Wisconsin morning at 15+ below zero). Driving on the interstate and the SUV started to chug and actually shut down while I was driving. My SUV would not go any faster than 5 mph. A few hrs later, I drove to the local gas station to do a test drive (Less than two miles). SUV seemed to be fine; however, on the way back.. it started to chug again. At 4pm, I tried driving the SUV home... made it 7 miles and it did it again. Called the dealership and they found nothing. However, it is cold again (Jan 2013) here in WI and my car is doing a repeat performance. My SUV has been in/out of the shop the four times.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox in VA is:

$86 per month*