Wouldn't recommend it...
By thedetailguy on
2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
Our 2.4 liter 4 cyl. equinox has just over 22,000 miles on it and already has been in twice for service. Timing chain was sloppy and destroyed 8 engine valves. Also had a re-flash of the PCM about 9 months prior due to poor performance. MPG is 23mpg at best driving it granny style. Spacious interior is offset by uncomfortable/stiffer seats. Burns about a quart of oil every 1,000 miles and GM says its normal. Have a 1994 Ford Bronco 5.8 liter that is almost 20 years old with a slow oil leak that only loses about 1/2 quart every 3,000 miles. Scary when half the engine is replaced at only 22,000 miles. Never again will I buy Chevy as I've heard multiple timing chain complaints
Favorite Features
Spacious interior. Redesign looks sharp/fancier than prior model years.
Suggested Improvements
Improve seating comfort, improve engine reliability, cars should not need new engines at 20,000 miles, have the ability to change the oil change intervals, I feel sorry for the people that actually go buy it and think they are alright. I thought I was getting a deal until I realized I need to spend an extra $15.00 in 2 extra quarts of oil through each change interval. Drive about 10,000 miles per year this adds up to an extra $50.00 ea. year owned in oil. Oil/Air filters hard to find at local retailers and air filters VERY pricey. Do some research as if it looks too good to be true it probably is.
By equinoxlemon
on 04/22/12 08:30 AM (PDT)

My 2010 Equinox was going through oil like CRAZY! Kept taking it in. Service dept. conducted OIL CONSUMPTION TESTS, whereby they measured exactly how much oil I was going through every 1000-2000 km. BONE DRY of oil with less than 1000 km driven! FINALLY they took it in and found out that a piston ring was NEVER installed properly, so oil had been accumulating in a cylinder and burning. NOW they are replacing piston ring. BUT will this ensure there won't be any more issues? Couldn't there have been damage to other areas of the engine from this problem?? I've also had a power window break...and I've had a transmission fluid leak. It's only 17 months old and has only 26,000km on it. It's been one problem after another! For you...I would INSIST they take a look at your engine ASAP. I wonder if your vehicle has the same problem as mine. Good luck.