2010 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Review: unsafe problems reduced engine

2010 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Review

LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

unsafe problems reduced engine power/ service stabilitrac
By lindseytn32 on

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My vehicle has been great until it got cold outside and afraid its becoming a death trap. My vehicle has 83,000 miles and this winter my vehicle has decided to lower speed on its own no matter what speed im going.. I was on the interstate with my children doing 70mph and my vehicle violently started shaking the reduced engine power came on and service stabilitrac n immediately wouldn't let me decide the speed of my vehicle it dropped to 40mph and no faster there was no shpulder to pull off and had to drive it like that with people flying up on us scaring us to death. My dealership has tried a lot of things but this is still happening I can shut the car off and about three tries later it will
By juve3
on 02/13/14 13:05 PM (PST)

Hi Lindsey, I own a 2010 Equinox also and had the exact same issues as you are currently having last year, not fun at all, at one point I stopped driving it. It's the throttle body, it needs to be replaced. Hope this helps if you haven't gotten an answer yet.

By vernon7
on 08/07/14 15:46 PM (PDT)

Had the same problem and juve3 is correct. It is caused by an electrical component in the throttle body and to repair it, the throttle body has to be replaced.