Improve a few things and this will be a great vehicle
By support_usa on
2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
Bought mine new. I feel ALL vehicles are over-priced. I do like this SUV. Great styling, it starts right up, drives very nice and after 2+ years now and 36K miles no service trips required. I was in an accident. An Isuzu Trooper pulled out into traffic from a gas station and hit me at the rear door & panel area. Airbags deployed. My vehicle did well in the collision, much better than the Trooper. The driver of the Trooper was hurt (legs). Trooper had to be towed. I would recommend this vehicle over comparable vehicles (Toyota and Honda), but see my suggested improvements. If they fix those I would strongly recommend. Transmission shifting sometimes gets confused.
Favorite Features
I like the sliding rear seat, Onstar features, satelite radio, interior roomyness, materials used for the interior, the reminder chime if I leave the turn signal on while driving, bluetooth, rear back-up camera, tire pressure monitoring and the programmable features. The car feels solid, but I would like the brakes to be a little more aggressive. The ride is pretty quiet and the AWD is nice too. I have the luggage rack but it did not come with the cross-members (for the price of the vehicle, they should be included). Power from the 4 cylinder is good. A friend who owns a Honda thought my Equinox had a 6 cylinder for sure. It's a popular car that looks good and you can be proud of
Suggested Improvements
Things i would like to see improve are: 1) Compressor noise when standing outside of the vehicle. 2) Design the rear fold-down seats to fold flat (what does utility mean in SUV). 3) Don't use chrome on the dash (can blind you in the sunlight). 4) Make it so that if the car is unlocked that the door has to open within 30 seconds or it auto re-locks (I hate my remote because something in my pocket pushes the button and I later find out my car has been unlocked all night long - very angering - rediculous- easy fix for GM). 5) Gas mileage is good, but not what they say. The computer calculater is a joke if you compare it to reality. NEVER see range of 600 miles on it.