2010 Chevrolet Equinox 2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - I love my Equinox!

2010 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Review

LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic)

I love my Equinox!
By Mommy2 TPG on

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I previously owned a Ford Focus. I had searched for 2 years for a larger but good on gas vehicle. I looked at the Mazda 5 and the Nissan Rouge. The Chevy was the best deal and the most comfortable. I do wish they would be a bit more honest about the MPG on the 4cyl. I drive about 50 miles one way to work and only 5 miles is city. I average 26-28mpg. Which is great, but i expected a little better. I do live in the mountains, But I travel I-81 and set cruise at about 72. On our last trip down to the beach we got 30mpg going (with eco ON) and 18 while there in traffic (with eco OFF) and 25 coming back home (eco ON). ECO causes loss of power but not enough for it to be a big deal for me.

Favorite Features

Comfy Seats, Love the back-up camera, Good sized cargo area, yet still has the ease of parking like a small car. Great for a family with small kids.

Suggested Improvements

Improve Windshield wipers. I only had the car for about 6 weeks and 5000 miles before I had to replace them and make it where ANY wiper will fit.