Frustrated with GM
By catosmama on
2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I bought my 2010 equinox brand new two years ago November. At exactly the two year anniversary, the windshield wiper blades gave way - and they are expensive to replace. One month later, the check engine light came in. Took it in for repair. Then, it started shuddering for 30 seconds after you have shut it off and removed the key every single time you drive it. Then the stabilitrak light came on and off for no reason. One month after it was at the dealer, the check engine light is back on! Now I have to take it back to the dealer. It still looks great. It still is fun to drive. But I am not convinced that it is a quality, reliable vehicle. After owning four GMs, I am thinking of Ford next.
Favorite Features
I have the sunroof, which is nice. It is a sharp looking car. The seats are fairly comfortable. It gets decent gas mileage (really good for its size) but not what they say it gets. The paint job is holding up much better than my old Vibe; after two years, it is still shiny. The rear seat slides up and back, giving you the ability for more leg room or more storage room. It is a fairly speedy vehicle for its engine size. Again, it is a really sharp looking car.
Suggested Improvements
There are some odd things to this car. Certainly, after only two years and multiple trips to the dealer, I'm concerned about what will happen when the warranty is out. The heating vents on the dash - driver side - are blocked by the steering wheel and your hand placement. The back seat doesn't fold flat, so it's not as utilitarian as I would expect from an SUV. If one window or only the sunroof is open, you get a weird throbbing noise that makes it feel like your head is going to explode.
By rosalindf
on 02/14/12 19:12 PM (PST)

I too purchased my Eqiunox 2 years ago October. I love the car, but am now experiencing the same problems with the engine light coming on (due to too much fuel leaking), my stability track light coming on, the shuddering and now the engine is shifting hard. Just got the car out of the shop last week. Driving home today and the engine light came on again, took it back to the dealer and now I'm told there is a cylinder that is misfiring. Makes me wonder what else will develop