2010 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Review: Disappointing Gas Mileage (not

2010 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Review

LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Disappointing Gas Mileage (not as advertised)
By gibby9 on

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I purchased this vehicle largely due to the advertised 28Cty41Hwy mpg (CDA Transport rating). I immediately noticed a large discrepancy and contacted GM who advised me of a normal 6000 mile break-in period. After several subsequent contacts with GM and trips to the dealership (no trouble indicators), there have been only slight improvements. After 18000 miles I am getting only approx. 75% of advertised mpg. GM rep stated that a 10-15% discrepancy is "normal" and basically admitted that the rating was likely unattainable except in ideal conditions. Why then does GM advertise the rating if it knows it to be false?. After reading numerous reviews, poor mileage is a common complaint!

My wife and I are generally pleased with all aspects of the vehicle except for the mileage!

I recommend that GM discontinue their deceptive advertising in respect to unattainable mileage claims even though they are quoting Transport Canada ratings. GM is turning a "blind eye" to reality. It would be acceptable to state that their MPG is better then a competitor's model.
By jamesle
on 07/29/11 19:46 PM (PDT)

Gibby, what is your city and hi-way mileage?

By fatboy4500
on 07/24/11 19:36 PM (PDT)

I don't understand. I have a 2010 1LT and actually get better gas mileage then 22/32 mpg advertised. I really think it's a foot problem. Don't push the peddle so hard. Ron