Used 2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Improve a few things and this will be a great vehicle
By support_usa

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought mine new. I feel ALL vehicles are over-priced. I do like this SUV. Great styling, it starts right up, drives very nice and after 2+ years now and 36K miles no service trips required. I was in an accident. An Isuzu Trooper pulled out into traffic from a gas station and hit me at the rear door & panel area. Airbags deployed. My vehicle did well in the collision, much better than the Trooper. The driver of the Trooper was hurt (legs). Trooper had to be towed. I would recommend this vehicle over comparable vehicles (Toyota and Honda), but see my suggested improvements. If they fix those I would strongly recommend. Transmission shifting sometimes gets confused.

I like the sliding rear seat, Onstar features, satelite radio, interior roomyness, materials used for the interior, the reminder chime if I leave the turn signal on while driving, bluetooth, rear back-up camera, tire pressure monitoring and the programmable features. The car feels solid, but I would like the brakes to be a little more aggressive. The ride is pretty quiet and the AWD is nice too. I have the luggage rack but it did not come with the cross-members (for the price of the vehicle, they should be included). Power from the 4 cylinder is good. A friend who owns a Honda thought my Equinox had a 6 cylinder for sure. It's a popular car that looks good and you can be proud of

Things i would like to see improve are: 1) Compressor noise when standing outside of the vehicle. 2) Design the rear fold-down seats to fold flat (what does utility mean in SUV). 3) Don't use chrome on the dash (can blind you in the sunlight). 4) Make it so that if the car is unlocked that the door has to open within 30 seconds or it auto re-locks (I hate my remote because something in my pocket pushes the button and I later find out my car has been unlocked all night long - very angering - rediculous- easy fix for GM). 5) Gas mileage is good, but not what they say. The computer calculater is a joke if you compare it to reality. NEVER see range of 600 miles on it.

Don't do it - Don't buy this vehicle -
By massrambler

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My transmission broke with 35600 miles. The cluch seemed to slip between the engine and the transmission causing the rpms to go to over 7,000. The car has been in the shop for 15 days and the mechanics do not have a clue as to what to do. I should have realized how terrible a purchse this was when I felt how underpowered that car is. After all you have a 2.4 liter 4 cylinder enging trying to haul around a 5,000 pound lump of metal. I got 300,000 miles with my old Jeep Cherokee and I have only gotten 35,600 miles on this thing before it broke down. This was a very unwise financial decision to get this Equinox.

Front seats are comfortable. The car is good looking

Poor side and rear visinility has probably already caused serious accidents. The ventilation fan is very noisy. The tire pressure systems warning is continually on and the guys at the GM dealership are lost as to how to fix this (the pressure on all tires are okay)

best car I've ever owned awesome gas mileage
By drinder

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I been driving this car for two years now and I cannot find one thing I dislike about it. It exterior in red is awesome, modern and has a sense of power to it. The interior is spacious, utilitarian and upscale. The four cylinder engine is barely noticeable. The mobility is great as well. The gas mileage is everything advertised, I drove from California to texas and from texas to georgia this year, both trips over 1200 miles and averaged 29-30 mpg. the gas mileage actually was higher except for texas highways speed limit of 80mph. also to note that the first leg of the i had a payload of 600lbs + 2 people and the second trip I had a payload of 800lbs and 2 people.

oil burning, like in all GMC vehicules is high

worst car ever
By subieman5

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Owned the 2010 equinox for two years it is starting to act like a 20 year old car, shudders all the time and the engine gasket seals have started to leak oil. think it's time to go and buy a car that is is made the real way not the cheap way as most US built cars are made. Think i'll talk my wife into getting the Subaru forrester as their is not to many complaints made about. Do not recommend or plan to ever buy GM car again, worst ever purchase i've made.

For GM to stop making cars and suvs and just make trucks.

Like it a lot but not good gas mileage
By aloginov

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a Traverse for my wife and decided to keep the Equinox 4 cyl for myself. I believe Chevrolet has come a long way but was very disappointed with the gas mileage. Even if I stay behind a truck blocking the head wind for me, I donít get over 25 MPG highway. ECO button off or on doesnít make a difference. I think Chevy should pay us money back for false advertisement regarding the gas mileage. I love the Bluetooth, radio controls (be able to control the IPod from the wheel) The only issue I have noticed so far is the car changes from radio to IPod on its own. Besides the poor gas mileage, I love this car. Road noise is very noticeable. Big difference between Equinox and Traverse

Radio Control, car information center, looks, ride, everything. The only thing I don't like is the black interior as everything shows.

Replace shinning knob on the little compartment on the dashboard as sunlight reflects right on your face. Include garage door opener

• SUV