Used 2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Disappointing Gas Mileage (not as advertised)
By gibby9

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I purchased this vehicle largely due to the advertised 28Cty41Hwy mpg (CDA Transport rating). I immediately noticed a large discrepancy and contacted GM who advised me of a normal 6000 mile break-in period. After several subsequent contacts with GM and trips to the dealership (no trouble indicators), there have been only slight improvements. After 18000 miles I am getting only approx. 75% of advertised mpg. GM rep stated that a 10-15% discrepancy is "normal" and basically admitted that the rating was likely unattainable except in ideal conditions. Why then does GM advertise the rating if it knows it to be false?. After reading numerous reviews, poor mileage is a common complaint!

Favorite Features

My wife and I are generally pleased with all aspects of the vehicle except for the mileage!

Suggested Improvements

I recommend that GM discontinue their deceptive advertising in respect to unattainable mileage claims even though they are quoting Transport Canada ratings. GM is turning a "blind eye" to reality. It would be acceptable to state that their MPG is better then a competitor's model.

very bad gas milage
By bet48

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

i get the same mpg on straight highway as i do in town. 22 miles per gallon either way. Wish i had not bought it, dealer said nothing they can do since no code is coming up. has 20k and not a thing i can do except lose money by trading it off. any adeas from anyone.

22/32 MPG NO WAY !!!
By driveon9

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Traded a 2006 HHR for a 2011 Equinox . Drove it home 25 miles and the gas gauge was already @ 1/4 ???? Did some research and found out this thing gets no where near 22/32 mpg. Told dealer no thanks and went back to a 2011 HHR that does get 22/30 mpg.

Love It
By stacies

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The 4-cylinder does not have a lot of power, but I don't "gun it" when taking off from a stop. My average gas mileage to and from work is about 27 mpg. I love the design and the ride of this vehicle. Some may get poor gas mileage because they are trying to push the 4 cylinder too much. Just go easy on the accelerator and your mpg will increase.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth connect with my phone & being able to keep both hands on the wheel. The stereo has an awesome sound. Air conditioner is ice cold.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a less bumpy ride, but it is a smaller SUV, so it is not expected to ride like a Tahoe or Suburban.

Really love my Equinox
By dottie6

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my Equinox almost a year and really love it. My dealer had the drivers seat customized for me since I am only 5'1" and had some back issues. Now it is really comfy. My other complaint that I had was that there was no light in the glove compartment and the dealership put one in for me. I asked the seat customizer what it would have cost if I paid for it myself and he said about $200 or so. I love the electronics and the feel of the car. I got 33 mpg going 58 mph with the cruise on. about 28 when on the interstate. I have the 4 cylinder 2 wheel drive. I live in Wisconsin and this winter it handled fine on snow covered and icy roads.

Favorite Features

built in GPS and back up mirror Bluetooth link with cell phone roomy back seat area

Suggested Improvements

light in glove compartment Needs garage door opener built in