2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Great! So far!
By 2NDNOXOWNER on 07/27/10 22:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is our second Equinox. So far so good. Exterior and interior are great. Modern features and sleek look over the previous model. Although, model seems much narrower and smaller toward the rear. It's a real eye catcher. Not sure why expert reviews have rated the 2010 model as average and plain. When it comes to performance and driving impressions. Please, this is a small/SUV not a high performance vehicle with HP and a sport-tuned suspension. Don't think any SUV can provide such a comfortable ride along with the features for this class or in this price range.

Great Vehicle
By Shelley on 07/25/10 17:22 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have the 6 cyl. Currently has 5000 miles. Drove it over mountain passes with no problems at all on long steep grades with A/C on. Handled much better than my old 2000 Toyota 4Runner. More like a car than a truck. Has plenty of power. When I first got it, it felt like the transmission wanted to do the braking for me. It seems to have gotten used to the way I drive and it doesn't do that anymore. Automatic climate control works great. Gas mileage is good and is as stated on window sticker. I looked at a lot of CUVs and this one had the most features for the money. Luxury features for a reasonable price!

LTZ AWD 6 Cyl Exceeds Expectations
By Mad Dog on 07/24/10 06:24 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

took my new nox on road trip, gas mileage is averaging 22 mpg, 23 on highway. Incredible ride, easy to learn driver interface, tight steering, handles great. Wouldn't imagine driving the AWD w/0 a 6 cyl engine. Growls a little on passing, but vehicle is still breaking in. Chevy and GM got this one right, tough enough for mountain roads, sleek enough for the urban scene. Priced right for all the amenities and features. Center stack has it all, European style, and alpha numeric lcd displays make the car seem like it's talking to you.

Early impression
By Rick S on 07/23/10 12:22 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

It's still early but I am very impressed so far. The car handles extremely well - composed, confident and sure-footed. Steering is precise and well balanced. The 6 speed tranny makes some odd shifts but that's in ECO mode and after reading other reviews was expected. The 2.5 liter 4 cylinder has PLENTY of pep and is a really smart choice unless you plan to do some heavy hauling. The seats are brilliant. Firm but with wide and deep bottom cushions that give great support. Best out of the Hyundais and Fords I tested. Dash layout is attractive and functional. I'm loving this car more every time I drive it. And it's a great looker too. I got the Mocha Steel Metallic with black cloth.

False EPA Statements
By rwelch on 07/22/10 08:06 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My Equinox overall is a good auto, the EPA fuel mileage is very disappointing. I changed driving habits, & use pure gasoline with no ethanol, & still get around 21 MPG a far call from the 32 EPA & yes I have even drove it on a 1600 mile road trip. I think the 32 MPH is all HYPE or my auto may have a problem, If you own a equinox would you please let me know how your fuel mileage is doing? Thanks & sorry GM I think you overstated your EPA as a sale pitch to sale autos during the times of high fuel cost.

Noisy Equinox
By NoisyEquinox on 07/20/10 19:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My husband works at GM and we are SO embarrassed of our Equinox. The engine pings/rattles when driving and idles like a Diesel. Why is GM continuing to produce this vehicle when they have no idea what is wrong with it and are refusing to even acknowledge it! People have asked to test out my car and I have to make excuses because my husband works there and I'm embarrassed! Why is GM continuing to be at the bottom of the pack when it comes to car performance and customer satisfaction!? I would love some answers because we are getting nothing concrete from gm! I have wasted my time on the phone and at the dealership. Don't buy the 2010 equinox!

Over all pleased
By IT'S ABOUT TIME on 07/18/10 08:28 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We ordered our NOX in Jan. because of lack of supply and color choices. I was amazed at how uninformed the GM website people were when asking questions. I had to go to the auto show to find one person to answer questions like percentage of American made parts? It is made in Canada and there still increasing production there. I am happy with the vehicle traded in a newer Civic to buy an American vehicle, this was the closest I could find. We've average overall around 28 mpg combined. It rides nice, kind of noisy for a 4 cy. but overall like it. And would buy another one, at this point. The controls are a pain to use in my opinion.

My review
By jFlo on 07/17/10 04:12 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Horrible drive-ability. No power. Crude seat adjustments. Poor visibility on instrument cluster. EXTREMELY poor ventilation, NO VENTS in rear of vehicle. Vents in front cabin have limited angles and don't even hit the driver. AC is so loud you can't hold a conversation. Massive blind spots- even in the peripheral of the front wind shield!

Intermittent Shifting
By Cowboywong on 07/16/10 12:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I ordered my Equinox in March and picked it up in May. Car went back 3rd day for ignition steering wheel lock. Dealer repaired and no other issues. Transmission downshifted weird on highway and at low rpm. Took it back to dealer and they said it was a quart low on fluid and that should fix it. At 1,800 miles exact issue. Got a loaner car and they reloaded software for transmission. Got car back a week later, ran fine for 13 days, then same issue. Called Chevy and they told me more was done then was on the invoice but they are sending me back to the dealership to try for the third time. Michigan has a lemon law but I am considering getting a lawyer. I know earlier post referenced transmission problems.

Overall Great Vehicle
By Jomac on 07/15/10 02:30 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the car in April 2010 and I have been averaging 28-29 mpg, which I am happy with. I ended up getting the 18" wheels which seems to make the ride a bit stiff. The car runs great but there seems to be a slight hesitation during quick acceleration. I have cloth seats and the drivers seat is experiencing a problem with the foam material appears to be bunching up where it meets the seat back. This is causing a hump right at the back of the seat cushion. The dealer has a new one on order, 2+ weeks so far. Having the door locks on the dash is a pain as I am use to locking my doors as I exit the vehicle. Just taking an adjustment.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Equinox Suv in VA is:

$127 per month*