Used 2010 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

best car I've ever owned awesome gas mileage
By drinder

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I been driving this car for two years now and I cannot find one thing I dislike about it. It exterior in red is awesome, modern and has a sense of power to it. The interior is spacious, utilitarian and upscale. The four cylinder engine is barely noticeable. The mobility is great as well. The gas mileage is everything advertised, I drove from California to texas and from texas to georgia this year, both trips over 1200 miles and averaged 29-30 mpg. the gas mileage actually was higher except for texas highways speed limit of 80mph. also to note that the first leg of the i had a payload of 600lbs + 2 people and the second trip I had a payload of 800lbs and 2 people.

Suggested Improvements

oil burning, like in all GMC vehicules is high

worst car ever
By subieman5

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Owned the 2010 equinox for two years it is starting to act like a 20 year old car, shudders all the time and the engine gasket seals have started to leak oil. think it's time to go and buy a car that is is made the real way not the cheap way as most US built cars are made. Think i'll talk my wife into getting the Subaru forrester as their is not to many complaints made about. Do not recommend or plan to ever buy GM car again, worst ever purchase i've made.

Suggested Improvements

For GM to stop making cars and suvs and just make trucks.

Like it a lot but not good gas mileage
By aloginov

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a Traverse for my wife and decided to keep the Equinox 4 cyl for myself. I believe Chevrolet has come a long way but was very disappointed with the gas mileage. Even if I stay behind a truck blocking the head wind for me, I donít get over 25 MPG highway. ECO button off or on doesnít make a difference. I think Chevy should pay us money back for false advertisement regarding the gas mileage. I love the Bluetooth, radio controls (be able to control the IPod from the wheel) The only issue I have noticed so far is the car changes from radio to IPod on its own. Besides the poor gas mileage, I love this car. Road noise is very noticeable. Big difference between Equinox and Traverse

Favorite Features

Radio Control, car information center, looks, ride, everything. The only thing I don't like is the black interior as everything shows.

Suggested Improvements

Replace shinning knob on the little compartment on the dashboard as sunlight reflects right on your face. Include garage door opener

Excellent vehicle.. questionable mileage
By evg2

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The vehicle has been an excellent purchase. I have had mine for 15 months now and enjoy its comfortable ride. Previously, we had both a Dodge caravan and Nissan Altima. We needed a vehicle that could store more than the Altima and get better gas mileage than the Caravan. Of the many models I researched in this range, the Equinox had the features and qualities we liked the most for our needs. The only complaint we have was the slightly exaggerated MPG rating where it advertised up to 600 miles on a single tank. I have not gotten above 475 miles on a 18.8 gallon tank. it places the Avg MPG at about 26. This is much better than the Caravan. But, it is not anywhere near the "up to 600 miles".

Favorite Features

The ability to connect Bluetooth, USB, & 1/8" jack for MP3 players. The comfortable, quiet ride. The easy access to oil & air filters for easy maintenance.

Suggested Improvements

Their Advertising!!! (yeah, right.. Like that will happen.) All kidding aside, apart from the tank mileage issue, the vehicle has exceeded our family's expectations.

The Best value for my money
By pmmssgt

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Equinox 2010 LTZ in August 2010, brand new. I went from driving two tahoes, to the equinox for the gas mileage mostly. It took me awhile to get used to driving a 2.4 L 4 cyl, but I cannot get over the cost savings in gas. I was spending $200 per/mo and now spend $40- $60 per/mo. I am getting 22.4 in town, and about 30 hwy.

Favorite Features

I love the inside, the outside and especially love the ride. I have a little over 7,000 in 1 year, and it gets better everyday. I love the sound system (Pioneer, and sync with my blackberry. Enjoy the vista roof! I love this car.

Suggested Improvements

Blind spots on the front windshield posts, and the rear visibility, even w/bu camera is at times hard to work with.