2010 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Don't leave your Chevy unattended
By Iceman on 08/20/10 06:44 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

From the second month the windows go down on their own and the car unlocks by itself. Had to shovel snow out of car a few times and cannot go shopping to more than one store at a time due to windows going down and car being unlocked. Johnson Bros service dept inept and did not have a clue. Second time in service mngr said it was built into the key to do that. Very annoying, I would not recommend anyone to buy a Chevy Equinox and have been successful in having many friends buy other brands than Chevy. In winter the insides of door lets in unwanted dirt and mud. Very bad engineering design.

impressed
By Bob on 08/15/10 04:40 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is my first new car. I really enjoy it. I think that the fuel economy as provided by EPA is correct if you choose the 4 cyl and lowest HP. It depends how you drive mostly but on a straight highway and 65 mph you can get even better than 33 mpg. Recommendation to the other drivers: USE CRUISE CONTROL to get the best mileage !

We only kept it 2 months
By Park on 08/14/10 17:52 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I truly hated the Equinox. Fuel door was on the wrong side (right side of the vehicle), could not get in without bumping head. It darted when being driven and driver had no involvement. Could not recommend this vehicle. We returned after two months and four days. Was very pleased to get rid of it. Went and bought a Honda CR-V the same day and are very pleased. I sure hurt to lose $4,500 and 11 days after the purchase Chevy started a program, if you don't like the vehicle in 90 days you could return it for a full refund.

First Chevy in a long time
By kazzy54 on 08/11/10 12:25 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So far this car has been so much fun to drive. I love everything about it.

2010 Equnior LT1 4 cyl.
By Carroll Sojourner on 08/05/10 08:11 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

EPA should be ashamed for stating est. milage SO HIGH. Ours is 4 cyl. LT2. We are very disappointed with gas mileage 0f 24 mpg, when we live in country mostly level roads, and do very little start and stopping. Have 09 Chev. Impala which easily achieves avg of 28 mpg on same roads. Vehicle needs garage door opener, and option of full power seat on passenger side.

Never thought I'd buy a Chevy
By RickS on 08/05/10 00:14 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After several weeks of intense research, I bought a 2010 Equinox. The Hyundai Tucson was nice but seemed harsher and less refined. The Ford Escape was my first choice but the more I looked, the more the Equinox won me over with it's styling and features. It looks great inside and out. The seats are comfortable and fit and finish is excellent. The 4 cylinder engine growls a little when pressed but the power is always there. In ECO mode, the transmission feels like it hunts a bit but I don't find this a problem. The ride is solid and handling is precise and controlled. A pleasure to drive this car.

First Good GM Car
By AndyA on 08/01/10 03:05 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I finally bought a GM NOX - and I have say it's a nice car. We looked at the Rav4 and Nissan Rogue and this car for it's class and features was the best. So far highway miles have been about 28.3 and City is of course lower. The interior of the Cabin is quite nice and I love a lot of the features. The drive is good, although this car does NOT have the pickup of our old V6 Altima, it's not bad for a car of this size. My wife and I have always bought either Japanese or German, and I can now say that GM has come a long way at least with this vehicle. We are happy.

My wife is fuming
By mike on 07/31/10 12:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Traded in a 2009 Toyota Rav4 for a 2010 Equinox LTZ 4 cyl. after numerous transmission issues with the Rav4. This is the first American auto I have owned since I was in high school. For unbeknown reasons my wife has nothing but disdain toward GM and refuses to even ride in it. Anyway, we took a trip from Iowa City, Ia to Gaithersburg MD (she drove her Camry) and I got 34 miles per gallon, which was fantastic considering I hadn't ever got over 26 with the Rav4. It was eight miles per gallon better than the rav4 and 4 miles MPG better than her Camry. In addition the the fuel millage the interior quality is better, as is fit and finish and best of all, no squeaks, which the Rav4 was full of.

Best American Option
By rgwaz on 07/29/10 00:04 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I love Hondas, but decided to give an American car a final chance. I purchased an Equinox for its style, safety, MPGs, 100K warranty, and low costs for the LS model. The interior is comfortable with lots of room. The vehicle says “wow” to the eyes, but “cheap” to the touch (too much hard plastic and fragile controls). The 4cly is quiet and provides great performance in town, but only acceptable highway acceleration. The EPA estimate of 22&32 Mpg seems mythical. I drive in the “eco” mode and make it a game to get the best mileage. I average 19 city & 26 highway. Also, the computer reads 2 miles more than actual mileage. Be sure to also look at the RAV4 and Forester.

Great Little Crossover
By Thompson on 07/28/10 09:52 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have had the 2010 Equinox LTZ since 7/20/2010 and my prior vehicle was a Silverado 2500HD. Great looks, engine has adequate power. Fun to drive. I'm short and what I've noticed is the drivers seat is deeper than my previous so it's not comfortable for a short person. Also the console arm rest is back too far for us short people to comfortably use it. The headrest tilts slightly forward so if you have a ponytail it hits you in the back of the head. What was Chevy thinking when they put the door locks in the middle with the radio controls? Bad move there.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Equinox in VA is:

$127 per month*