Used 2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews - 299 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

2010 Equinox Problems with A/C and Shift
By 2010equinox1

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought 2010 Equinox new...(now has 36,600 miles) had no problems while it was under warranty with the exception of the tire monitoring system.
Then, received a notice from Chevrolet about the software update required for the engine oil monitor.
Took it in a little over a week ago.
Since then the A/C does not cool and the shifter started sticking...in Drive and can only move to the Neutral position (strange coincidence...huhhh???).
Can turn off...but, the key cannot be removed from the ignition.
After 30 minutes of wiggling the shifter...finally got it into Park and could then remove key.
Easter Sunday weekend... everything was closed so could not get it fixed...had to cancel trip. :(

Great Value
By big_green1

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am becoming very comfortable with my 2013 Eqx. The 4 is no stump-puller like my Blazer 4.3V6 was, but MPG is much superior. Love the brakes. Its my 1st car with electric steering. Takes some driver adjustment. Love the vvt direct injection (NY USA-made)engine. Car is engineering tech-heavy unlike many of the competitors. Only wish the passenger seat had lumbar adjustment. Should have had it on the LT trim.

Wish the passenger seat had lumbar adjustment. Should have had it on the LT trim. How do I remove the rear headrests for visibility?

Buyers Beware
By cedmond

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Special ordered my Equinox LTZ in late 2009 and took delivery February 2010.
Car has been in the shop 19 times.
Had to have speakers replaced, timing chain, cam shaft acturators, cam shaft connectors, and new computer.
Has also been in the shop 5 times for heating and cooling issues.
I still freeze in the winter with heat on 85 and car doesn't cool in the summer, even on 62 degrees.
Dealer has tried to fix 5 times and it still is not fixed.
Finally. trading car with only 40,000 miles and 3 years old.
All the problems started @ 9000 miles and has been nothing but problems ever since.
Called GM and they don't really care. My first and last Chevy!

Feeling discouraged
By sunset5

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I recently bought this equinox over the summer practically brand new as far as mileage because i fell in love with it when i rented it for a month. Since i purchased it i have slowly began to experience problems with it which are so depressing and are making me consider giving it up. My most recent experience with Chevy was my check engine light. I brought it in to get checked. They told me it was my Mass airflow sensor that needed to be changed in which they tried to charge me over $600 to replace. I took it to another shop and ofcourse replaced it for under $200. I payed Chevy for checking it and telling me what the problems were but now my car is shaking and stalling. So what now?

Its a beautiful car! Drove beautiful at first but im not too sure about that now.

Problems with navigation and radio . . .
By dougstamm

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My 2010 Equinox included a navigation system which was perfect since I use a nav everyday in my business. The best feature for me was that it allowed me to punch in and save several addresses at the beginning of my trip then just hit the new destination when I was ready. Well so much for that. It now: 1. takes several miles before it even recognizes where I am 2. no longer saves a new destination 3. the compass style select button works intermittently 4. The radio volume and the station save work intermittently! The local dealer says it can't be fixed and it will cost thousands to replace. VERY FRUSTRATING to say the least!