2010 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
Very Good Car
By Steve on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have had the car just over a year and have 16,000 on it now. Highway driving has resulted in 19 mpg (very high Kansas winds) at 78 mph, to 34 mpg with a tail wind at 65 mph. My wife loves this car, and I wish it were bigger. But, it is such an improvement over the 07 piece of crap equinox that we owned briefly.

Best Crossover
By kevin on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have spent the past few months looking for a crossover. I have drove almost every make and model of vehicle I could think of. When I first saw the 2010 Equinox I was excited about the new look of this vehicle. The test drive was perfect. My new car handles better than any other I have driven. There is lots of room in both the front and back of the vehicle. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who is looking for a(n) SUV or crossover it will not let you down

Great for tall drivers
By Lou Gebler on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Being 6'6", finding a comfortable car is tough. I tried most of the crossovers and bought my Equinox because I loved the room it gave me. Even with the front seat all the way back, passengers behind me have plenty of room. It's a great car for longer drives. I've been very impressed with it, except the mileage isn't as good as advertised. We also own a 2010 Hyundai Tucson which has a lot more pep than the Equinox but isn't nearly as comfortable or as nice. Chevy has so far impressed me with this car!

Plenty of minor defects
By julia on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my "dream Equinox" in December 2009 from a dealer in serramonte boulevard, colma last december 2009. It was fun to drive but in May 2010 they sent a letter telling that there was a minor recall for the defrost system, that was my 1st disappointment, and in October 2010, the lumbar adjustment was broken, it didn't work at all, the mechanic told me that the screw was sheared off, I was in a total disaster, because it never happened to my other Japanese cars, plus I have a back pain, so the lumber adjustment is so crucial to me, I have to say, I will not recommend this car at all, I will get back to my Honda or Mitsubishi, they are more reliable than this car.

Vibration
By dissatify owner on 10/31/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Driving at 50 and up mph with the windows open in the back, the car vibrates so bad your ears pop and hurt. Took it to service dealership and was told all Equinox have the same vibration. The mpg it gives around 22 miles per gallon not 30/32 mpg. It has a very bad blind side that you got to be extra careful. If you are a passenger in the back sit, it is very uncomfortable. The service department at the Chevron dealership gave very poor service. Be should to open the back windows if you are test driving the Equinox at 50 mph before you buy it.

Gas Mileage Poor
By shirley on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned my equinox for a little over 3 months. I'm a 55 year young grandma. Over the years I have had several new or slightly used vehicles, and I love this one the most, by far. I love everything about it EXCEPT for the gas mileage. I only work 3 miles from home so I realize that hurts the mileage. But, it doesn't matter if I drive local or on trips, with or without the eco button, i average 21 mpg. With my previous Ford Escape, I was getting 24-28 mpg. At first I was getting 24 mpg, which I didn't like, but was ok with. Now it's down to 21 :( I just don't think they should be able to advertise the 32 mpg.

2010 Equinox
By Tim Horn on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I love MY Equinox The total drive build and the fit and finish on the vehicle was Great I get so many compliments on my Equinox and actually had one person tell me they thought it was a Mercedes-Benz when I said Chevrolet Equinox they said WOW. I can truly say I won I won I won

Equinox and Escape
By tjack129 on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Recently traded wife's 2008 Escape for new 2010 Equinox. We both liked and enjoyed the Escape. Good V6 mileage, decent ride, reasonably quiet and good quality for Escape. The New Equinox is however a much better over all package. Much more quiet, smoother ride, more room. My only long term concern is gas mileage for the V6 Equinox. Not as good as Escape in early driving. Long term quality is another unanswered question but it looks good early. Equinox is fun to drive, handles well and is quite comfortable in LTZ trim. V^ performs well and tranny shifts perfectly so far. Remember...this is not a Caddy or BMW, so don't expect it to be but for $35, 500 not a bad small ride at all.

inside overhead shield
By P. Johnson on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My equinox is 1 month old. The interior shield is sagging. Dealer says they just received a bulletin on it and will call me later today. It sags about 2 inches.

good car
By duet on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the 2010 Equinox in November of 2009 and have put over 22,000 miles on it so far. This is my first SUV and I test drove all of the others before putting my money here. I love how the car drives, the ride is smooth and it is very comfortable on long rides. Took it across country to Az the first month and loved how it handled. Fuel economy actually has increased as I drive it. I average about 90/day and it is at 27.3 mpg now.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Equinox in NJ is:

$214 per month*