Used 2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews - 299 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

60k miles and still loving it
By chris s

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Chevy equinox 2010 brand new with an out the door price of $27,000 with sun/moon window. I had trouble with toms at first which dealer fixed, had recalls on it fixed and there was the issue of lumbar support which broke twice that they fixed but let it be after the third time. Also had issue with steering wheel turning right for some reason but got fixed. Mileage not as advertised but still great compared to competition. Car looks great,drives great and safety is great. Got into a hit n run accident and felt nothing when other car hit me and took off. Had regular service done like oil changes,tire rotation,etc. Just had OEM tires replaced which lasted 60k instead of 65k due to dry rot and had 60k service done for just $159. Speed and power can be achieved by turning off eco mode but all in all great car for me. I see all the negative reviews and feel that maybe I just got lucky, so far so good keeping my fingers crossed that this will last 250k miles without any major repairs.

no vacation
By Jennifer

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Only had it two months on 09/28/15 when it stranded me on my way home after working overnight, 13 hour shift, the bolt that holds the guide plate for the timing chain had been loose for a long period of time and created a hole inside the block to big to repair, causing the chain to break and other damage to the engine. Have to buy new engine with vacation money. Not happy at all since its only the second vacation that I would of had in 33 years. I will never buy another Chevy vehicle.

Cheaply made car
By Kyle

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this 2010 Equinox back in December of 2014. Since then I have had my car in the shop over 6 times. I'm tired of it all. Plus I was getting about 31 mpg when I first bought the suv since then I am now getting about 22 mpg. Kind of a joke, I'm tired of all the crap with Chevrolet. I'm done with them and now am looking for another suv all together. Getting away from all of GM vehicles. My previous GMC truck had the same issues and also everything started to break on it one by one

Goodbye Chevy
By goodbyechevy

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased a new 2010 Equinox at the end of 09. It was the first one on the lot and I really loved the space and design. That's the only thing left to love. Started having problems almost immediately. After much discussion with Chevy Customer Care, the first engine was replaced at around 60K. Last week, the second engine blew up. It also has 60K miles on it. The service department has said they will not help. $4100 to fix and they will give us $4500 on a trade. Uh, no. We have a Chevy Silverado HD and a Cruze. We have been loyal customers for years. But I can't stand by a company that doesn't stand by their product. I just bought a Toyota for the first time in my life.

The design and the space in the vehicle. But all we can do is sit in it. It doesn't run.

Clearly there are some pretty significant mechanical issues with this vehicle. Chevy needs to figure it out. This vehicle left me stranded on a dark road with 2 small children in the car. And the electrical died so no hazard lights, while we waited for help. I had to flag traffic with a flashlight app on my phone to keep from being hit. Ridiculous.

2010 AWD L4 LTZ Issues
By cdnuscarfan

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Ordered this vehicle in before they were even in showrooms, it now has 60,000 miles, 100,000 Kms on it. We like the design but reliability from day one has been a problem. New motor, Rust at bottom of doors and rear hatch, small bolt on driver side power seat lumbar broke, front wheel bearing etc.. GM and my dealership have been great and fixed at no cost to me, however it has been in the shop often. What really concerns me is the felt material GM is using on all their new vehicles behind the front door hinges for sound deadening . We use salt on our roads and this material remains wet, salty, muddy and needs to be changed. I have removed ours and have not noticed an increase in noise.