Used 2010 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Great SUV
By Nathan

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I'd been looking to purchase an Equinox since September but no dealerships in the area had one. Finally ordered one in early December and picked it up the first week of February. Its a great vehicle. I just passed 1,000 miles and I'm averaging 29 mpg over mixed driving (interstate, rural highway, and city). The package to get the USB port, Bluetooth, Remote Start, and Steering Wheel controls is well worth it. The 8 speaker Pioneer system puts out great sound. I've been getting compliments from friends, co-workers, and neighbors since I picked it up. Chevy got this one right, the new Equinox is great.

Favorite Features

USB port for iPod, Remote Start, Great gas mileage, Lots of storage departments for things

Suggested Improvements

Other interior colors (Beige or Brown cloth perhaps?)

A great vehicle so far...
By RAM

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We replaced our Subaru Forester LL Bean edition with a new Equinox LTZ, and so far it's been wonderful. The cabin is MUCH roomier and quieter, and the seats are easily twice as comfortable. And the mileage is blowing the Subaru out of the water, as are the great set of standard options. The Subaru was well built and dependable, but was an extremely uncomfortable car to drive and ride in, unlike the Equinox, which is a delight for driver and passengers alike.

Favorite Features

Power liftgate, rear camera and warning system, remote start, trip computer, OnStar system, mileage, quiet cabin.

Suggested Improvements

Power passenger seat would be nice.

Good Value
By hamfarb

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I'm on a tight budget with a family of 4 and needed something that will last ten years and grow with the children. After testing 4 different new and 5 used models I felt the Equinox LS offered the best value for the $$. I would have liked to upgrade to LT, but it was too much of a stretch. That said, you get a lot of "upgrade" level features on the LS. After 2000 miles performance has been great. Mileage around 26 combined. Only two minor repairs -dealer forgot to put on antenna and a cap on the windshield wiper nut fell off. Dealer fixed both -no questions. No issues in interior.

Favorite Features

Mileage for this size is great. Plenty of power when loaded. Seats are comfortable. Vehicle info menu is a useful feature. Best is the rear seat leg room. Six footer can sit behind a six footer in front with no problem - Forester could not.

Suggested Improvements

Put a roof rack on the LS!! Quality of base cloth seats is low - I had an aftermarket upgrade to leather installed and it looks better than the factory installed. My LS now feels a lot classier with much less cost than the LT or LTZ

whats with the gas milage
By pete

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Too early to tell reliability, this is my work horse 30K a year. went back to American 1st time in many years. need to support our icons. I have been watching the mile per gallon indicator setting trying to maximize. So far GM's claims are far fetched I avg 21- 22 total street and hwy combined. hope that improves like a good wine with age as it breaks in. Sometimes at light car flutters and stalls out. I told dealer and they said to bring in that iy may be a bad sensor.

Favorite Features

ride quality, good looks. Roomy interior

Suggested Improvements

Put fog lights on all trims as option. Option leather on 1LT. I put in a better aftermarket for under a grand. Longer warranty 4 year 50K will grab some attention

LT2 AWD 6 cyl
By Lou

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Excellent vehicle. However, I think it is over priced from $5000 to $7000. Upholstering appears to have a problem as it relates to heated seats. Leather seats are stretching out and riding up. High pitched sound of transmission is little distracting. Great road car with excellent ride and comfort.

Favorite Features

Ride and comfort

Suggested Improvements

More competitive pricing - Quiet high pitched transmission sound.