2010 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
VERY Nice Chevrolet
By Christy on 08/10/09 06:19 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I waited for this vehicle to come out because of the new design and gas mileage. After driving for a few weeks I must say I love this vehicle. Do not let the 4 cyl. model scare you, I traded my 6 cyl. and was doubtful, but can really tell no difference in the 4 cly. I am impressed with this American Made Vehicle.

2010 Chevy Equinox
By Dave on 08/09/09 22:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is a great vehicle and its about time more SUVs are passing the 30+ MPG mark. The 2010 Equinox drives very smooth and deftly handles Baltimore's toughest pot holes and curves, it also accelerates quickly and seamlessly through its 6-speed transmission regardless of having a 4 cylinder engine even with econo mode engaged, and the Equinox keeps road noise where it belongs...Outside Very easy, comfortable and fun to drive. My wife is already saving more than 2 1/2 times her weekly fuel costs from when she owned a 2000 Ford Explorer Sport. This vehicle also comes standard 6 airbags, adjustable back seats, has outstanding crash and braking scores and Electronic Traction/stability controls

impressive electronics
By diffrunt on 08/09/09 18:19 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My lighter HHR was sportier & handled better,but a lot noisier, so I appreciate the quiet luxury feel of this one. I would delete gaudy chrome, useless roof rack & lower the body to close the gap over the tires. Lower center of gravity always improves handling.

Enjoying the ride!
By bangforbuck on 08/08/09 16:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I looked at the CRV, Forester, Venza, Rogue. I couldn't get excited about any of them. Waiting has its rewards though as the 2010 Equinox became available. I like the looks and comfort this car has to offer. The large leather seats fit me well, I guess I'm just GM-sized! I'm enjoying the OnStar, Bluetooth connection and XM radio communication features. The ride is very smooth and quiet. The 6 cylinder engine moves the car smartly down the road. The 6 speed tranny seems to work well. Letting off on the accelerator is like applying the brakes since it seems to adjust to the change instantly and starts slowing down. I appreciate the backup camera and backup sensors when I put the car in reverse

A Great Car for the Price
By John on 08/07/09 09:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I bought our 2010 Equinox 1LT with power driver's seat and the Interface Package a little over a week ago and put around 500 miles on it during a weekend road-trip. It runs very quietly even at highway speeds, and gets remarkable fuel economy for an SUV. The 4-cylinder engine and 6-speed transmission provide plenty of power and acceleration for our needs. It does have the typical SUV blindspots, but that's par for the course when you're buying this type of vehicle. Overall we are very satisfied and my only regret is that I didn't spend an extra $1000 or so and get the basic 2LT for the standard fog lamps, Pioneer audio, automatic climate controls and backup camera.

Bought one, big problems
By wallyuwl on 08/06/09 19:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Wrote one of the first reviews on this after test driving. Bought one a week ago. Tranny problems already w/ 4 cyl. When downshifting from 4-3 and 3- 4 it shifts too early, causing sudden deceleration. Also jittery (front to back) coasting at 17mph, and when accelerating in low 30s. In dealer right now getting checked out. Seems others have experienced it, but not everyone, so it isn't "normal", just might be a bad batch of trannys (assuming it is tranny). See my experiences in "2010 Equinox Problems" thread on Edmunds' forum. Love ride, technology, and interior. Highly recommend is tranny is right.

All I Can Is WOW !!
By Rick on 08/04/09 18:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

It was my wife's turn to get the new car. I was going to take the 03 Trailblazer and trade the 01 Accord. She wanted a VW CC orlow miles BMW X3 which was okay. So we're talking to my son and he tells me he's interested in the '10 Equinox to replace his Z71Tahoe. Then he tells me the gas mileage on 4cyl. I'm driving by a Chevy dealer and decide to pop in to look at Equinox. The showroom version was loaded to the gills and it knocked me over. Next thing you know Obama pops the Clunker deal, my daughter gets a new job and wants to unload my 97 Jeep Laredo. Add Chevy's Conquest $1000 for a nonGM and the deal was done- problem,couldn't find any left on the local lots.Drove 2hrs for a 2LT

Truly Surprised
By Josh on 07/31/09 05:42 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am a long term Honda/Acura ownner. I've owned two Honda Accords and upgraded a few years ago to the Acura TL. I also had a Ford Explorer which I bought after Hurricane Katrina for obvious reasons. I never would have imagined my next vehicle might be a Chevrolet. I test drove Toyota's RAV4, the Toyota Highlander, the Honda CRV, and the Honda Element and researched several others before seeing very positive reviews of the Chevrolet Equinox and noticing its superior gas mileage. I went to the dealership and now own a Equinox LTZ. WOW It's even nicer than my 2006 Acura TL. It's awesome!

Best decision I made
By Mary P. on 07/31/09 05:24 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I had been looking for a new SUV but I wanted to downsize from my Explorer. I love this SUV because it is very roomy inside and I don't feel I had to give up a lot going to the Equinox. Even though it is a 4 speed it has a lot of pick-up and I am loving the fuel savings. I looked at both the 2009 and 2010 which are different. The cost and fuel economy is much better in the 2010 than the 2009 and I actually got a better deal on the 2010.

A winner for GM
By Teach on 07/28/09 19:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned my 2010 Equinox for a month. I had the opportunity to take it on a 1400 mile trip which gave me excellent feedback performance wise in different driving conditions- interstate highway,city driving and driving in the mountains. In every case the 4 cyl was up to the challenge either in regular mode or Eco mode. I didn't really notice any difference in performance from one mode to the other- both have more than sufficient power for my needs. The gas mileage meets the expectations given for the 4 cyl. Both interior and exterior quality are big improvements over previous model years. Not only has the quality improved GM managed to lower the price across all Trim levels!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Equinox in VA is:

$127 per month*