Used 2010 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

First 4 cylinder
By ulli

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I waited until the newness wore off to write a review. First the performance of the 2.4 is a pleasant surprise. After driving V8's for years, I was apprehensive. I just returned from a 3547 mi. trip to Az. and back to Wa. Highway speeds from 60 to 75 were maintained and at elevations from sea level to 7000 ft. Mileage for the trip was 26 mpg actual, about 1.2 mpg below indicated. I have no question that the 29 mpg could be achieved (or exceeded) at 65 mph max. and no mountain driving. I don't have that discipline. The Equinox is extremely quiet at highway speeds. On rubberized asphalt there is no road noise either. Seating is very comfortable (my bad back is appreciative). Good Ride!

Quiet ride, steering wheel mounted audio controls, backup camera, power drivers seat, XM radio, On Star (phone), drivers seat comfort.

height adjustable front passenger seat (manual or power), more sealing on front doors to keep dirt and water from accumulating on the inside bottom of the doors, 12 volt outlet in the storage bin on top of the dash (gps mounts perfectly there), seek button on the steering wheel, longer seat bottoms.

LTZ 6 CYL
By LTZ 6 cyl.

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Very nice, smooth riding crossover. 20 mpg average with the 264 HP V-6 and tow package. We needed to tow a 17 ft. boat and this LTZ was equipped for towing but also had GPS NAV, leather, etc...We actually didn't have to spend too much for all the extras compared to Cadillac SRX and Lexus RX 350.

Easy entry and egress for 6'2" guy. Perfect for goldilocks: not too big, not too small. Very quiet ride - better than my wife's Mercedes!

Garage opener is missing - not even an option!- on the top of the line LTZ! Owner's manual has a heavy Canadian bias (everything is metric) More cubbies and storage would be appreciated.

Nice for an Equinox
By steve

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife wanted a sport utility so she could set up and see better. We owned a 2007 equinox, and I hated it. The 2010 is a 100% improvement. I wish it had more power, but the 4 cy does quite well. We have made 31.5 mpg one time, but at 65mph it normally gets 28- 30 mpg. Interstate driving at 78 mph gets 25 mpg. It is a nice vehicle for the price. It does not get around to good for a FWD in snow and ice.

All of the changes compared to the pre 2010 models.

Softer seats, arm rests, and they could make it longer to allow for more cargo space.

Transmission/Recalls
By Transmission

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have 7000 miles on my car. There is a noise coming from the transmission when it shifts from 1-2nd, only does this after the car has sat for about an hour or more. I have taken this to the dealership, let it sit for about an hour, tech said he THOUGHT he heard something, checked it out in the shop, said it was ok. I don't think so. I will go to another dealer. Also FYI there are already two recalls on this model. Over all I really like my car, fun to drive and I like all the features it has. The one thing I miss is a button to activate the garage door opener.

Highly recommend the 2010 Equinox!
By LMieser

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

To start off my family is an American car family. A family member works for GM, and we drive majoritively that. My wife and I nearly bought a Saturn Vue when they introduced their new body style, but I am thrilled that we held out. We knew since mid 2009, once the 2010 Equinox was released, that it was what we wanted. We searched forever and finally in Feb 2010 we found the perfect one. We got the 4cyl 182hp FWD LT2, classed up to basically an LTZ. Black with chrome package. My wife and I are in love with this car.I'm 6'5'' and there is more room than any other car i've owned. No problems at all at 1200 miles. if you are considering to buy, you will not be disappointed.

Interior/Exterior styling Interior room!! Excellent fuel economy Premium features at low price.

none.