2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:
hopefully it gets better
By tomw on 08/30/09 17:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So far it's been my wife's car, and has seen virtually no long highway drives, but the average mileage being displayed is 16.8mpg. I feel sick. I fully expected 20+ in town, and 25+ for the type of driving she does. Seemed like a great car, and is very nice, but I bought it for fuel economy and I feel cheated.

Best of all Crossover SUV
By innofish on 08/20/09 12:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This vehicle is great compared to Escape, CRV, and RAV4 (style, comfort, and features. I traded my 97 Merc Mountaineer AWD (14 mpg). Never heard of Equinox until I started shopping around and researching to take advantage of the CARS program. I was very impressed the first time I test drove it. Stopping myself from purchasing the first one I test drove, I tried the 3 others mentioned above. I kept coming back to Equinox. Ideally, I wanted LT2 with 4 cyl but could only find LT2 with V6. I chose 4 cyl to take advantage of the mileage (to save almost $2K in fuel/year from my Moutaineer) so I had to settle with a sharp looking gray LT1 with black and silver interior.

awesome ride
By Jim F on 08/16/09 19:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have only had mine for a week but I just had to share how happy I am with my new Equinox. It is everything that I wanted a nd more. If I could I would get one for everyone in my family. The interior upgrades make it a very sweet ride. I have no complaints at all.

So far so good
By pdm777 on 08/15/09 20:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I love my equinox. I was looking at a 2009, but hated that they got the same gas mileage as the Traverse...so I started looking at a Traverse. It was too rich for my blood. Then the 2010 NOX ad looked nice with a much improved MPG...took my wife on a whim just to look at one...both loved the improvements and lower price and left with a new Chevy.

Best Small SUV since Aztek
By etracey on 08/13/09 08:08 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We started this journey of searching for a new car last year. Dealer after dealer car after car. I even considered buying foreign for the first time in my life. However my wife loved her Aztek and wanted something that would compare to size comfort and cargo space with all the bells and whistles. We drove Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Buick, and then one last chance for GM we went to John Miles Chevrolet. They were so laid back they let the car sell itself. We saw the Equinox 2010 sitting in front of the showroom. We drove it and the rest is history.

Out of nowhere...
By CB on 08/12/09 16:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Had a Mazda 6 and was looking for a larger safer car for our 1 year old. The plan was to look at the usual suspects RAV4, CRV, Forrester, Escape, Santa Fe. Then I stumbled on some information about the new Equinox (did not know there was an old one) on Edmunds and started to look for any info I could find. I didn't know it but I was already sold. We never looked at the other cars. The LS has great options, but I felt the LT1 upholstery made a significant change in appearance. The exterior has the attitude that I missed since selling my Grand Prix GTP. The Mazda was reliable and nice, but didn't have that American feel that I missed. Need "LTZ" trim for Fog lights!? Empty fog cover = lame

Check it out
By HG on 08/12/09 14:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

If your looking at the CR V you should check into the 2010 Equinox. Would never consider a GM before but this car changes that. Brought a LT no Navi, 6 cylinder. Im really happy with my purchase it handles well the interior is excellent and looks great

Luv My 2010 Equinox
By jackie on 08/12/09 14:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2010 Equinox 2 weeks ago and so far it has been a great experience. I love the comfort level inside, the exterior design (well the front end is kind of big), gas mileage, and creature comforts offered in the cabin.

2010 Equinox LS 4 Cyl.
By dragonsback on 08/11/09 09:34 AM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have only had our Equinox for a week now but absolutely love it. We traded in a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 and don't miss it at all. The price of the LS is very reasonable and the features you get are really impressive. The inside of this car looks like one of $30+K price-point. Power from the 4 Cyl. is fine, we are not speed demons and notice very little difference from our Jeep V-6 and this, except the Equinox is WAY more efficient. Eco mode and standard is hard to tell any difference, a little more shifting in ECO mode but that's it. Awesome car!

Chevy has a Winner
By Jim on 08/10/09 12:23 PM (PDT)

2010 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We looked at a Ford Escape as well as a few Asian brands, but this small SUV really showed up well in quality, appearance, and fuel efficiency. I feel that the 2010 model is a vast improvement over the 2009 model. I especially liked the handling, or "fun- to-drive" feeling that this SUV provides. And we had 4 adults and 2 end tables in the vehicle after a little vacation shopping and everything fit comfortably - lots of interior space. The 4 cyl engine isn't super strong, but does fine under most uses, and we are getting over 30 mpg anytime we are going over 45 miles an hour. Don't write this off just because it is a Chevy!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Chevrolet Equinox Suv in VA is:

$127 per month*