Used 2010 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Very impressed, good buy
By howellad

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased the car in late February after waiting 8 weeks for delivery. We were nervous about a GM purchase, but this vehicle is all we had hoped for after 2 months of ownership. We love the style and its drivability. Interior is of great feel and appearance. We love the center console and it is in easy reach of the driver. The navigation system is amazing, we find the seating very comfortable and roomy. We admit we hope the mileage will improve but we have done little freeway driving at this point. The Equinox handled our spring Colorado snows storms with no issues. The quality of the sound system is impressive and easy to use. Congratulations Chevy you got the Equinox right.

Interior design, roomy vehicle, comfortable seating, navigation system, back-up camera, drivability, exterior style, remote start, interior lighting, power rear door function, ability of rear seat to move to create more leg room, smooth ride and enough power to handle Colorado mountain roads.

Solve issue with right side blindness, power seat option for passenger side, programmable garage door opening, back seat needs to fold down flat.

Gotta love it!
By Maggie

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Did a lot of research on crossovers before deciding on the Equinox. Love the ride, features, love the comfort, the room is sufficient for my family of 5 (that includes my dog). Great car and great value. Looks really good, too. I really love it. I've had it for about a month and it has 2K miles on it so far. In eco mode on the highway, I see the gas mileage really work in my favor. Helps that I can see how many miles I have left before I run out of gas! No more minivan for me.

Love the sunroof, the backup camera, the fog lights, and the lumbar support function on the driver's seat. The speakers are pretty good for standard speakers.

I'd love for the automatic trunk to be standard and it would just be good symmetry to have electronic controls for BOTH seats, not just one.

Love almost everything
By kimjef

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have owned this car for about 7 months and have 10K+ miles. Overall we have been very pleased. This is the entry level car. We average about 19- 24 MPG ( this is disappointing). Power is alright and it handles well.

The car is so roomy, the interior is extremely well designed. We looked at every car in this class and hands down the Equinox was the best bang for the buck.

There are blind spots, and the MPG does not live up to those advertised.

10 across the board.
By tony

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I had my eye on this for a few month but wanted to test drive some other crossovers. Drove the Ford Escape, Jeep Liberty, and the GMC Terrain. I drove the FWD and the AWD. It finally came down to the AWD in Black. It looks just as good as any other high dollar crossover and drives just as well too. It has the best look interior out of all the others too. Very quiet ride inside too.

The layout of the interior is very comfortable. Drives great.

I came from driving a 6 cylinder. Have to get used to a 4 cylinder. But you could buy that if you want.

Great suv for mileage
By Ron

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Highway gas mileage is 34 mpg in eco mode, Over all 26 mpg. Handling is great at all speeds. Comfort on the road is outstanding. Power of 4cyl is fine, much more power then I first thought. Seats are very comfortable, the ride is a little stiff but holds the road sound. I am very pleased and have not found any problems in the first 3000 miles. General Motor is back to #1 with this winner.

Audio System with Navigation/Infotainment (worth the money). Also power lift gate, chrome package and premium cloth seats.

Rear seat needs to fold down flatter. A shelf above rear storage area would be nice. Larger side mirrors. Rear vent for heat and a/c.

• SUV