Used 2010 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 299 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Reviews

2010 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Love this SUV
By Frank Clark

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Had to order the vehicle to get the options and color we wanted but well worth the wait. Took our first road trip within two days of delivery - Jacksonville,FL to Chattanooga, TN yielded 26.6 MPG in regular mode. Return trip in ECO got us 28.5 mpg. Mostly Interstate highway at 70-75 MPH. No problem with acceleration or power in ECO mode on the interstate. Not bad out of the gate. This vehicle is a winner. Glad GM got it right. Comfortable ride, pleasure to drive. Not as quite of a ride as we remember from our test drive, but all in all a great SUV.

Gas mileage, exterior styling, instrument panel, ipod connection. Love the rearview camera and self dimming rearview mirror.

Power lumbar in passenger seat on all models. Assumed it came in the LT2 but after checking GM web site doesn't appear that this is even an option.

Nervous about my engine
By jamie

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this vehicle for my wife. It fits the bill for decent fuel mileage, comfort, style, and cargo capacity. I'm disappointed in the fact that the engine has already been in the shop for a "top end cleaning". It began to spark knock at about 3,000 miles with the A/C on and at 4,000 miles, GM instructed dealer to clean the top end and tell me to use only top tier fuels. The cleaning of the top end seems to have fixed the knock, but I find it hard to believe average gasoline would leave enough deposits behind in so few miles to warrant a top end cleaning. I feel this saga is just beginning. Will followup on this issue as time goes on.

Equinox Recommended
By 4-4VT

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I just got my Equinox this Tuesday. I used it for a 170 mile round trip to watch my Hokies play spring football. The car did great. Gas mileage was about 29 mpg for the total trip (including gameday traffic). The ride and comfort was incredible. I traveled on an interstate and the 4 cyl did fine. I hope the reliability is as good as my first impression of this vehicle. I would strongly recommend folks looking at this choice in the small SUV class. I thoroughly enjoy the Pioneer sound system and the options it affords the listener.

Sound system; quality of interior; comfort; backseat room; auto open/ close rear hatch; bluetooth phone connection

Hmmm....Still thinking....I really don't have a single "I wish it had ____". I haven't had it very long, but I'm very satisfied with the product, as long as it has longevity.

The Best in its Class
By Best in it's Class

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in my 09 Civic, for my 2010 Equinox, I love it. I was concern with the Gas Milege, cause the Civic was awsome, however its all on how you drive, i keep my Equinox in Eco Mode the entire time, i drive at 60-70 MPH, use the cruise control everytime i can, and I get 27- 29 miles per gallon in the city, i took it in a trip, and I got exactly 32 Miles per gallon in hwy. Before I bought it, I looked at Honda CRV, Toyota RAV 4, Hundai Tucson. The Equinox smokes them all no comparison, the Equinox is way superior than all of them. In my opinion the best in it's class.

Besides all the obvious such as great interior design, XM radio, Onstar, spacious, confortable, stylish, and refine. I love the Gas Milages I am getting.

Keep up the Good Work, definitely keep improving the fuel economy, and the keep innovation, and especially the Customer Service.

somewhat stressed
By 2010 Chevy Equinox

2010 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

At test drive the Chevy Equinox drove, handled great. After purchasing the 2010 Chevy Equinox, and driving it for a month, I started hearing this motor noise (which sounded like a lifter inside motor). Took into dealership we purchased our Equinox from, explained to the service attendant. Service writer wrote up a ticket for the problem. After checking out our Equinox, service attendant called and said our Equinox was ready. When asking the service attendant about the noise he told us that it was just what that engine does. We have taken our Equinox in 2 other times and noting can be done about it. Now the noise seems to be getting worse. Engine is really noisy.

I like the body style and like driving the 2010 Equinox.

Need to check to see what's wrong with the engine.